What I Don't Know and What I Do Know







Unknowns - everybody has them.  Things that we just don't know regarding our lives and future.  I'm not very good at handling these - heh.  I tend to want to put my unknowns into the "known" category of my life.  I feel much better when they transfer over and are safely tucked away there.  Lol.  It's true though.  Thing is - I just think about them too much.  Have you ever heard that phrase, "What you don't know won't hurt you."?  Yeah, I agree with it in one aspect, but in another aspect - it truly can hurt you when you end up dwelling too much on what you don't know and worry sets in.  Worry just isn't healthy.  Worry is the negative product of a wrong focus.  I was thinking about an unknown in my life recently and was kinda anxious about it.  I was thinking about it in circles (since I couldn't go really anywhere with it - not knowing much - lol.)  And I was letting worry affect me. Then, I felt God saying to my heart, "Bri, you're focusing on what you don't know, when you should be focusing on what you do know!  You know I'm good and hold your future with the greatest loving care beyond your greatest dreams!"  My heart was blessed by that and thinking on that gives me such blissful peace.  Truly. 

I don't know my future and there are a lot of unknowns = fact.
But - I do know (even more of a FACT) that my unknowns are held by my God Who knows everything and He cares for my future more than I ever can.  *Grin - what a happy thought indeed!*

What I don't know suddenly pales in the face of what I DO know!
I may not know my future and lots of life details but I do know....

GOD CREATED ME - EVERY FIBER 
OF MY BEING - KNOWS ME BETTER THAN ME.
GOD IS MORE PASSIONATE ABOUT MY LIFE DETAILS THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINE TO BE.
GOD IS CARING AND KIND.
GOD ISN'T WORRIED ABOUT WHAT MY TOMORROWS HOLD AND HE HOLDS THEM. (so what in the world do I have to worry about?!)
GOD ISN'T THWARTED BY ANYTHING - HE ACCOMPLISHES HIS WILL PERFECTLY.
GOD IS ALL KNOWING, ALL POWERFUL, ALL PRESENT, AND ALL GOOD.
GOD VALUES ME AND I AM HIS AND I GET TO BE HIS FOREVER.  


My sister just today shared a quote with me by Hudson Taylor which says in such a wonderful way truth of relying on God in everything!

"...The sweetest part, if one may speak of one part being sweeter than another, is the rest which full identification with Christ brings. I am no longer anxious about anything, as I realize this; for He, I know is able to carry out His will, and His will is mine.  It makes no matter where He places me, or how.  That is rather for Him to consider than for me;  for in the easiest positions He must give me His grace, and in the most difficult His grace is sufficient."  "...Are you hurried, flurried or distressed? Look up! See the Man in the Glory! Let the face of Jesus shine upon you - the face of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Is He worried, troubled, distressed?  There is no wrinkle on His brow, no least shade of anxiety. Yet the affairs are His as much as yours." 

Isn't that so true?!!!!!!! If God is'nt worried - what right do I have to be?! :)

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7)

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." (Psalms 139:1-6, 16-18)


Much love to you all! Blessings as you trust the Lord with your unknowns, throw worry to the wind, and focus on what you do know about the One Who holds you! 
-Bri


Comments

Popular Posts