Love Gives


"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16



I wasn't quite sure what I was going to blog about today, but as I was looking at a little collection of bracelets of mine from my international mission trip travels - it got me thinking about how truly giving Love is!

Love gives.
A heart full of love gives - 
that's just how God designed it and it's a beautiful 
thing to behold and live out!


In the midst of that bracelet collection of mine, is a few well-worn bracelets that are the most precious, because they were gifts from little children I met in Colombia.  Little ones who took those bracelets off their own wrists to give to me as a token of love.  The fact that they would give them up for me to have, even though they barely knew me, was such a beautiful picture of true love.  

The much loved teddy bear in the picture above was also given to me and makes my heart all warm thinking back on that moment!  Here's an entry from my journal from my trip in Colombia describing receiving gifts from the sweet children at a facility we visited for several days.  It touches my heart strings to remember.

"We had a sweet breakfast with the kiddos... It was a bittersweet day though, because we really didn't want to leave them!  They were crying (we were too) and hugging us and running up to us and giving us gifts that they had went and grabbed from their rooms, even though they didn't have much!  We received hair bows, bracelets, stuffed animals and other trinkets!  My heart broke (with gratitude) as they showed us how much they loved US! (We were coming there to love them!) Love bound us.  We came to give love and they received it and they gave us love and we received it.  (not that we needed a return - that doesn't always happen tangibly or right away, but in the long run it does - God designed it that way!  He blesses loving hearts.)

Love gives.
That's how God is!  HE IS LOVE!  His love giving knows no bounds - it isn't defined by boundaries or returns.  
He loves ALL-OUT!


I will forever be touched by how those children in Colombia were so full with the love of God that they had received from us, that they wanted to give to us tokens of gratefulness and love kinship even though they didn't have much - they gave it up with the most joyful hearts.  

Love gives.
Love gives by putting others first.  God first and ultimately and then others before me.  

I'm humbled by God's love.  I'm astounded by the ways He demonstrates it to each of His created loved ones and how He loves to use each of us to be His love to each other! I'm purposing to keep my heart pliable in His hands so that I'm always giving from the endless supply of love that He has given me through His Spirit - because HE IS LOVE and He gives of Himself selflessly.  

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” - 1 John 4:8

”And above all these things [put on] charity (love), which is the bond of perfectness.” - Colossians 3:14

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” - John 15:13

”Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.” - 1 John 4:7

Hope this little hodgepodge of thoughts blessed you today!
Know you are loved and love others as Christ loves you!!!!
BE A LOVE GIVER! ;)
~Bri




Comments

Popular Posts