Think, Think, Think



It seems as though a lot of motivational sayings are going around these days on memes, coffee mugs, tshirts etc. Sayings such as "you've got this", "you are more than enough", "you're boss", "I can and I will", etc. (I probably notice them even more because I'm a fan of font and fun words! ;) The concept, I know is meant to encourage one's self by putting good thoughts aka truth before one's eyes throughout the day to give moral a boost.  It's a pretty good concept, and I'm all for confidence but the concept is waaaaaaay more powerful and effective when the motivation is founded on thinking on truth from God's Word and allowing the Holy Spirit to speak truth to our spirit!  

I realize the purpose of these sayings is wanting to instill worth in one's self and while I love the concept of believing in one's worth - worth in one's self only can go so far without God as the source of your worth!  Worth in Christ is infinite!  You are worth soooooooo much TO HIM first as His very own creation. 
"For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.”-Psalms‬ ‭71:5-8‬ ‭
You're worth so much He sent Jesus to take the sin penalty on your life that you were born into. (We are all born into sin because of Adam and Eve.) 
And second, when you accept His work on the cross and believe in Christ as your very personal Savior - you have worth IN HIM because His Holy Spirit then is alive in you! THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD ALIVE IN YOU?!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! THAT truth right there is worth more than all the motivational sayings in the whole world and should motivate as though you had them ALL on your wall in the mornings, and on your shirt during the day and on your coffee mug at night!!! ;)

;) The Holy Spirit says to you "I've got this-so you've got this! ;)", every morning if we'd only listen!!!!!!

Again, don't get me wrong - I own some motivational saying merchandise myself, but I think we (myself included) need to be reminded that this life isn't just about "me" and how much "I" say good things to myself to make me feel good and motivated! This life is all about thinking on true things that are from God and His Word as my deepest source of motivation and then encouraging myself through fun sayings that remind me of what He tells me!  


I just kinda picture it like this...
I'm standing at half court in the Quicken Loans arena. I'm holding a basketball, staring at the basket and doubting my basketball shooting capability - lol. I'm saying to myself over and over "you can do this", "you're more than enough", "you're a beast".  As many times as I say it, it helps a little, but then one of the Cleveland Cavs players comes over and shows me how to hold my hands, the best way to position my arms, shows me the motion for the best power behind the shot and then he says, "you've got this"!  My moral is suddenly boosted 100 more times than just me saying it to myself because a super skilled basketball player instructed me, helped me and then on top of that encouraged me.  I think with pretty much every basket I'd ever shoot for after that, I would remember that moment with the pro and it would continue to motivate me. 

That's how life with God is!! HE's the ONE with the most life skills because He IS LIFE AND GIVES LIFE and He isn't confined to any certain "arena"! ;) His instruction and encouragement are the very best!!!! He loves to help and encourage. Thinking on His instruction, and applying it to life is the greatest thinking anyone could ever do and the best motivation ever to be had! 

“For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." -Psalms‬ ‭139:13-18‬ ‭

“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.” -Philippians‬ ‭4:4-9‬


Blessings to you as you think on truth, claim your worth in Christ and help others also to know the deepest vein of worth, confidence and motivations ever - the truths of life in Christ!
:) Bri

Comments

Popular Posts