The Golden Puzzle





Hi there!  Glad to have you stop by my blog today!  I'm excited to share an allegory that God gave me and I hope that it encourages you as much as it did me!



Picture this.  You are approached by a MEGA wealthy man and he gives you a jigsaw puzzle of sorts.  (kinda strange, I know, but bear with me! lol!)  As you inspect the puzzle that he handed you - your eyes grow wide when you suspect that the pieces are made out of real gold with inlaid diamonds.  You look up at the wealthy giver and he confirms with a huge smile that it is indeed actually 24k gold and the finest cut diamonds.  (At this point I'm sure you'd be confused and excited all at once and wondering why in the world he's given this to you!) Again, as if to answer your thoughts, the man says, "I've chosen to give you this very valuable puzzle for a very specific purpose.  I want you to take great care of it! There will be challenges for sure and I know the road to your home is quite bumpy and you might stumble walking there, but don't let go of this treasure and don't drop it.  Don't doubt it's worth - I assure you it's worth is breath-taking!  I've also written you a letter of instruction on how to put it together.  Keep in mind that this puzzle that you hold is only one part of a bigger puzzle.  The pieces of your part are very important to the whole one!  Follow the instructions carefully and enjoy the gift as you follow them!  And then, right as you feel life couldn't get any better, He adds, "I have waaaaay more treasure to give you, if you follow my instruction!"

What would be your thoughts?  I would be mind-blown! Lol! Would you value those puzzle pieces and guard them with your
 life? You betcha I would!  I think I would be thinking a lot about the bigger puzzle too, with curiosity, as I put my pieces together and it would make me take extra care in putting them together too knowing there was a bigger picture involved! 

You know, that little scenario is a true picture of life - of your life and my life!  God, the One Who is the wealthiest EVER because He made and owns everything there is has given each one of us a "golden puzzle" of great value - our life.  He has given life to each of us for a very specific purpose and wants us to take great care of this life!  He knows there will be challenges and sometimes we'll stumble but doesn't ever want us to value our life less than what He values it as -which is in-numerable!  He's given us the Bible - His written Word - instructions for how to take care of our life to the fullest and directions on how to live by following in the character of Christ!  He wants us to always have a bigger picture / eternal vision as we live each day! Each day we are given is a crucial day in "piecing together" with God's direction, our life that affects the "bigger puzzle" which is life everlasting and living forever with God in heaven!  Some people doubt the value of their puzzle/life and discard it, or choose to mis-use it or exploit it for the pleasure of temporary things instead of the eternal.  They don't choose to follow the instructions and experience the deep joy of the gift and miss out on the vastly more abundant blessing that would've been theirs from the King of Kings! (God's been encouraging me to not trade those blessings for ANYTHING as it is so easy to do!)

Don't miss out on those infinite blessings! (some experienced now and some stored up by God to give to you through-out eternity!) Value your life as God values it!  Live with careful attention, and joyfulness to God's direction in His Word and through His Holy Spirit to live this treasure of a life to the fullest that God has designed for you! Its the free-est living EVER. Keep the bigger/eternal "puzzle" in the forefront of your mind and live for the Glory of God!  Every second of every day is an opportunity to bless God and receive His blessing!




"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. – Matthew 6:33

“For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”  -Romans 14:17-17

 “Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly”. – John 10:10

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  – Jeremiah 29:11

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” -Romans 12:2
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” -Romans 5:13

 

 Blessings to you! I'm cheering you on as you value your life as God does and follow His instruction for living it to the fullest of HIS DESIGN!!!!!
-Bri




Image by clipartsfree.net

Comments

Popular Posts