Where Do You Run?


Hello there friends!
Hope this little post encourages your heart wherever you're at in life right now! :)


I think it's safe to say that we all have tough things that we go through in life that are so easy to worry about.  A life thing was worrying me recently (involving the unknown) and worrying was making me run to fear.  As I was worn-out worrying God said to my heart, "Bri, why did you run to fear when I'm right here arms open wide with infinitely more to offer?  Fear has nothing good to offer. No comfort. No love. No wisdom or direction. It doesn't know you like I do. It's got nothing. But I have EVERYTHING you need. I am your comforter-I love to hold you. I love to love you. I love giving you wisdom and direction. I've been in the past, am here in the present with you and see the future and nothing is too difficult for Me!"

Wow. I was like, "Why in the world do I run to fear?! It seemed ridiculous with that image and truth in my mind, and it is.  Mental note: ALWAYS run to Jesus. Always. Don't let worry make me run to fear, but instead make anything worrisome into fuel to run to the One Who knows me best and only does what is good!

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
1 John 4:18


“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” - John‬ ‭14:6‬ 

I love these lyrics from a song called "The Unknown" by Anthem Lights

"It's a little bit scary
When you're not sure what's up ahead
So you try to bury
All your fears
Lock it up tight deep inside
Outta sight. Outta mind
At Least that's what you tell yourself
Doesn't really seem to help

[Chorus:]

Don't you know that you're right at home in the Unknown
I'm already there, I'm already there
Don't you know that you're not alone in the Unknown
I'm already there, I'm already there

So you don't need to know

What tomorrow holds
When you know
The one who holds tomorrow
Understand you're just a man 
And trust me child, I have a plan
I am in control
And I won't let you go

I want you to see

I want you to believe
That I can be
Everything you need

Don't you know that you're right at home in the Unknown

I'm already there, I'm already there

Don't you know that you're right at home in the Unknown

I'm already there, I'm already there
Don't you know that you're not alone in the Unknown
I'm already there, I'm already there
I'm already there

I'm already there


I'm there with you"




Blessings to you friend in your unknowns and worrisome situations! Run to Jesus! He IS everything you need!!!
-Bri


Comments

Popular Posts