God's Will


"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths!"
~Proverbs 3:5-6~



Hi there!  So glad you took a moment to stop by my blog for this short little read!  I pray it encourages your heart in a special way today! :)



I've gotta admit - I'm not the best when it comes to directions in "uncharted" areas of my town and beyond. Lol. I've gotten turned around and kinda lost a couple of times "in my day". (Ok, maybe more than a couple times. Lol!) I'm really grateful for GPS, but even it didn't help my directionally challenged drive today. Lol!  I was headed to visit someone I know being cared for at a medical facility and went a different route than the one I knew and totally got turned around and kinda lost.  I finally did make it to my destination, but with a later time frame than I had planned on! Lol!  But, I sit here typing this with a grateful heart that I got "delayed" aka lost.  Lol!  Seriously though, I thanked God for that delay today, because it changed my planned timeframe just enough (perfectly and divinely orchestrated by God) for me to experience breathtaking views of the lake at two different locations and at different stages of tonight's INCREDIBLE sunset! It was all a part of God's perfectly timed plan to give me a gift that He knows I absolutely love - an opportunity to experience and capture His sunsets. (Be still my heart!)  AND on top of that, it was a perfect story to tell you that went along with what God had laid on my heart to share for today's blog post -a quote by Adrian Rodgers that I love! Here it is...

"The will of God is not a roadmap, but a relationship!"
-Adrian Rodgers


It's so, so, so, so very true friends!  Just like my little adventure today, God didn't need me to know the map of Ohio (that I'm holding in the pic above - lol) like the back of my hand, or need me to have perfect direction skills so that I could have mapped out the most perfect, time effective way to make it to my destination in order to accomplish what I thought was His will today.  He saw the bigger picture and His will was focused on our relationship and His glory.  He wanted to be with me to watch the sunset AND wanted me to bless the person I was visiting by getting me there and He accomplished both absolutely perfectly.  

I hope that the main point I wanted to encourage you in got across clearly. :)  It's pretty much, simply this...

Walk with God and you won't miss out on His will, because you will be IN His will!

Let Him lead and trust Him, no matter how He
goes about getting you there or revealing His plan! Don't be so consumed with mapping out details of  your own version of His will so that He can travel with you as a passenger and just go with Him as your guide, Father and Friend!
He loves you more than you could possibly fathom and loves being with and leading you!!!

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way!" -Psalm 37:23

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure!" - Philippians 2:13

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Blessings to you as you walk with God and experience the fulfillment of His will! :)
~Bri

P.s. Wanna see God's glorious sky painting over Lake Erie today?!
Ok - I thought you did! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts