Why Valentine's Day Has and Always Will Be One of My Favs




Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;”-Romans 12:10


Hi there fun person reading this post!! Lol! So glad you "stopped by" today! Hope this post makes you smile!


Valentine's Day has been one of my favorite days of the year for quite some time because I'm a HUGE FAN of love!  :)  Loving others and seeing others love each other is one of my greatest of life joys! :)

I've heard it grumbly called "Singleness Awareness Day",  a "day for retail to get more of my money", "a stupid holiday" etc. and that makes my heart frown! :(  Sure, love can be hard, but the truest and purest of love doesn't come with a down-side! God IS LOVE and He doesn't have a down side. Yeah, it can be kinda depressing when you don't have a date to enjoy Valentine's Day with, but love is sooooooo much bigger than having a date! ;) And yes, stores get some good income, but in reality I think they should get more on a regular basis because of people buying gifts to give their loved ones and show their affection throughout the whole year! ;) (Why wait for a once-a-year holiday?!)  And it most certainly is not a stupid holiday!! ;P  It's special to me, because it's a week full of hearts, affection, admiration, devotion, thoughtfulness, kindness, bravery, declaration and celebration! I love seeing love demonstrated so much!  

It also reminds me of the greatest of love declarations EVER!  


“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”  
-Romans 5:8-

 -  Love sent His Son Jesus to the cross to be my sin penalty and yours too.  Love is ultimate sacrifice, no grumbling included! ;) 

 -  Love sustains through commitment!  God commits His Holy Spirit to us when we believe on Him, and He promises that His Spirit will never leave!  What an ultimate commitment!!!!!!!


"For all the promises of God in him (Jesus) [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, [is] God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."
 -2 Corinthians 1:20-22 -



"...For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee!"
-Hebrews 13:5b-

 - Love lived-out creates a powerful bond, because it is living the character of Christ - the most powerful binding agent ever!


1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." 
-1 Corinthians 13


The gift of LOVE should be a heart celebration all life long, but I'm also rather fond of it being celebrated specifically on Valentine's Day! Lol!  ;)  Love your loved ones very specifically people!!! And also love all of man-kind with brotherly love!  Live this life LOVING ALL-OUT as Christ has loved you!!!!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts