Carried

"Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, 
and thy gentleness hath made me great!" ~Psalm 18:35


Hi there everyone!
I'm grateful for this post to share - hope it "lifts" you up as it did me!  ;o)
This is a "from the archives" post that I wanted to re-share from YEARS ago in hopes that God will use it to bless you as it blessed me to re-read it! I love it when I look back to something God gave me to write and it applies so well still!  I think we've all had or maybe are currently having a day that you just need held and so I hope that this post encourages you!

"I thought I'd start off this post by quoting something my sister said to me one day.  The quote describes my day perfectly.  "Some days I go through life holding God's hand - other days I need carried in His arms...but it's always fun to be carried!"  :O)  Isn't that just so true?!  

I was thoughtful today, fighting discouragement and worn-out.  It was one of those days that you don't know whether to laugh or cry, so you just do both! lol.  I was driving down the road this evening thinking about the day and was so grateful that I have a heavenly Father Who is bigger than my life "things" and loves to work marvelously on my behalf!  I don't know what I'd do without Him - how does anyone live or face tomorrow without His confidence to claim?  I love the fact that He is ALL-KNOWING and ALL-POWERFUL and nothing is out of His control!  He knew all the details of my day and He went before me.  He is working in His miraculous ways always!  He's so wonderful that even when I don't understand how He is working - He gently asks me to trust Him and then holds me and carries me along the way.  What an incredible Father!

The picture above is actually me and my Dad! :O)  I love him so much!  I love the way a Father knows just when his little girl is getting worn out and picks her up to give her a rest or even when he just surprises her by swinging her up onto his shoulders just to see her smile and give her a better view!  That, my friend, is what your heavenly Father loves to do for me and for you!  I was so encouraged by that truth today and also by the verses below - hope you are too!

~Psalm 63:1-8~
"O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, 
my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
To see Thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary.
Because Thy loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee.
Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in Thy name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise Thee with joyful lips:
When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches.
Because Thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice.
8 My soul followeth hard after Thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me."

Blessings to each one of you today!  Be encouraged and know the strong and gentle arms of the One Who lives to hold you and loves to carry you!"  :)   
~A Grateful Bri

Comments

Popular Posts