Wonder and Awe




"Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, 
who only doeth wondrous things." -Psalms 72:18


Hello and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Hope this short but cheery read is a blessing to you and hope that you have a MERRY AND BRIGHT Holy-day celebrating! This will be my last post till the New Year! 

Wonder and awe -you can definitely see it in the eyes of little ones taking in all Christmas-y things can't you? I love hearing my little niece say, "wow!" as she looks at the sights with big eyes! 

I've asked myself this question this week and thought I'd ask you too...Have you been too busy to really stop and take in the wonder? Is your "to do" list out-weighing the awe of Christmas and all it means?! It truly IS the most WONDERFUL time of the year because of Jesus!

I love these definitions of what wonder and awe mean and want to keep my heart in a place where I never miss the wonder and awe of Who Christ is! I don't want busy-ness to cloud what a miracle/INCREDIBLE gift it is that He came as a baby to live life on earth and become the sacrifice all mankind's sin!  Salvation and eternal life is found in no-one/nothing else! What a Savior! 

won·der
noun
1.        1. a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.


awe

noun
1.        1. a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.




This is a favorite song of mine and God brought it mind as 

I was working on this post!


VERSE 1

You are beautiful beyond description

Too marvelous for words

Too wonderful for comprehension

Like nothing ever seen or heard

Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?

Who can fathom the depth of Your love?

You are beautiful beyond description

Majesty, enthroned above

CHORUS

And I stand, I stand in awe of You

I stand, I stand in awe of You

Holy God, to whom all praise is due

I stand in awe of You...

...You are beautiful beyond description

Lamb of God who died for me


© 1986 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

This is my desire for this coming Christmas week - 

and beyond-to stand in awe of Him!



“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.”
Isaiah 9:6-7

“Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord, and his strength: seek his face evermore. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;”
Psalms 105:2-5

“Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.”
Psalms 33:8


Blessings to you this Christmas and ALWAYS! Praying for you all right now!
Keep your heart and mind in wonder and awe of your Emmanuel (God is with us)!
- Bri

Comments

Popular Posts