Be Still My Heart



Hello there! Glad to have you visit this post today! :) Hope it's a blessing! :)


I've been busy busy of late - in schedule and in heart.  My feet pretty much are always going somewhere on a mission of the moment. I've been mulling over a lot of things on my heart, projects to be done, things to be figured out, being concerned about things that don't need really to be concerned about, contemplating life things, realizing areas of my life that are in need of an overhaul etc.

 I felt as though I was a little girl all distracted and slightly distressed and running up to her Father babbling on about this and that with flushed cheeks and a fast beating heart and then something amazing happens.  The Father smiles a kind knowing smile, gently cups her face in His hands to make sure she's looking him in the eye and not worrying about the world around her and then He speaks a stillness to her heart.  It's as though my Heavenly Father - God Almighty did that for me this week. (happy grin inserted here) God knows schedules can be crazy. He knows every thought and worry of mine. He knows the areas I need to work on and how to help me.  He also knows that when I give Him first place - there's a stillness of heart  - a sweet abiding available to me if only I would take time to partake in it.  It's there in the busyness, it's there during times of distraction, it's there when worry threatens to defeat, it's there during projects, ministry and crazy schedules, it's there always - because He's there always and forever - for me.

Wow.  My heart is grateful for that simple and sweet truth.
"Tap into" that stillness of heart friend, no matter what you have going on. As you are about the day - give Him first place and tell your heart to be still and abide in Him! There's nothing like it.  Nothing at all!  It truly is supernatural! :)



"Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness 
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You


And in the quiet hear Your voice"

-"Word of God Speak" by MercyMe


Psalm 37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.


Blessings to you!
-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts