Pour Your Heart Out


Hello! So happy to have you stop by my blog! :) I hope that this simple encouragement will be good for your soul today as it is mine!

I was driving home from Illinois this past weekend, after spending a fun time babysitting my cute little niece, and had 7 hrs. of road time with just me, myself and I.  Lol!  I personally like traveling with a car buddy, but sometimes the quiet thinking time is good for my soul.  You know what else is good for the soul?  Pouring out your heart to God in a quiet alone time. I feel like I "throw" my life things "up" at Him in prayer, but rarely do I ever take time to be still and commune with Him.  That's ultimately what I mean, by "pouring your heart out" - a deep communing of your heart with the Lord. Sharing with Him (out loud even) what is on your heart - desires, failures, questions, doubts, lies, hurts, ideas, excitement, thoughts etc.  It truly is a sweet, unlike any other experience (a major faith booster) - one that I pass on by in the busyness of life waaaaay too often.  What an incredible blessing to be able to talk to One Who created me, Who knows me better than anyone and has the power to work in any and every way on my behalf.  Wow.  

My Mom is a prayer warrior.  She is no stranger to His throne. She has such a sweet commune with the Lord.  I want to be like her when I grow up! ;)  She reminded me recently of how powerful it is to start up prayer with praise first! It brings Him glory (fulfilling your life purpose) and tunes your heart to commune with Who He is in a deep level as you spend heart to heart time with Him!

In a marriage - communication is a huge key!  (Really in any relationship!)  It's no different when it comes to our relationship with God, and REALLY - it's the MOST IMPORTANT!!  When we are communicating deeply with Him in openness, and are constantly listening to His voice, then all our other relationship communications will be sweeter and as He designed them to be!!  As C.S. Lewis said, "...when first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased!"

"In God is my salvation and my glory: the Rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  Trust in Him at all times; 
ye people, pour out your heart before Him:  
God is a refuge for us." 
-Psalm 62:7-8-

I love the lyrics of this song by Chris Tomlin and I'm praying them over you dear one right now!  Don't be a stranger to the throne - in prayer!  Have sweet times of communing deeply with God Almighty!!!  He loves you and loves to hear your heart!  

"Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
His arms are a fortress for the weak


Let faith arise
Let faith arise


I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever


Be still, there is a river
That flows from Calvary's tree
A fountain for the thirsty
Pure grace that washes over me


So let faith arise
Let faith arise


I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever


let faith arise
Let faith arise


Open my eyes
Open my eyes
I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God
You are faithful, God, forever"


"I Lift My Hands" - Chris Tomlin

Blessings to you friend!  Go do some "pouring out of heart" with your loving Creator and Lord!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts