His Hand

"...The right hand of The Lord doeth valiantly!" -Psalm 118:16b


Hi there! Hope you're having a great week! Glad to have you stop by my blog today!


Hands. Aren't they fascinating?! There's so much character and story that belong to every set of hands!  I'd have to say that my Dad's hands are my very favorite of hands here on earth! Lol-sounds kinda funny, but it's so true!  They hold a special place in my heart, because of how they've impacted my life growing up!  First and foremost, I've see them hold God's Word, the Bible more times than I could put a number on. I've seen them folded intently in prayer and intercession before the throne of God Almighty. I've seen them hold Mom with pride and love that she's his. I've seen them help others in a heartbeat. I've seen them selflessly hard at work to provide for family. I've felt so protected and comforted as they've wrapped around me in a hug. I've gained courage and a sense of purpose for this life when they've reached over and gave my hands a squeeze. They've pointed me to Jesus in everything and for that I'll be forever grateful. Needless to say, that's why they're my earthly favorites! :)

My heavenly favorites are the very hands of God. Wow. Just pause with me for a second and soak in the awesome reality of that statement.  It's just so crazy awesome that I know the God of the Universe personally as to be able to say that His hands are my heavenly favorite!!!!! Wow. What an INCREDIBLENESS that is - isn't it?!!!!!!! 
ALL that I love about my earthly Dad's hands are a reflection of God my Father's hands AND with Him there's even so much MORE amazing belonging.  I'm so blessed by my Dad and he's not even perfect!  So all the more is the blessing of a PERFECT GOD and His hands that are mine to hold, be protected, provided for, strengthened by etc. as His child! 

I was blessed to look up verses specifically about God's hands and thought I'd share them for today's post!!! I hope that you are just as blessed by them as I am! His hand is upon you dear one and you are held with more love than you can fathom is even possible!!!

 " O Lord God of hosts, Who is a strong Lord like unto Thee?  or to Thy faithfulness round about Thee?  Thou hast a mighty arm:  strong is Thy hand, and high is Thy right hand!" 
-Psalm 89:8 &13

"The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous:  the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly.  The right hand of the Lord is exalted: the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly!" --Psalm 118:15-16

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord:  and he delighteth in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:  for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand!" 
-Psalm 37:24

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." 
-John 10:27-29

"O Lord, how manifold are Thy works! In wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches!  These all wait upon Thee, that Thou mayest give them their meat in due season.  That Thou givest them they gather:  Thou openest Thine hand, they are filled with good."
 -Psalm 104:24 &27-28

"O sing unto the Lord a new song; for He hath done marvelous things:  His right hand, and His Holy arm, hath gotten Him the victory!"
 -Psalm 98:10

"Hearken unto Me, O Jacob and Israel, my called;  I AM HE; I am the first, I also am the last.  Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens:  when I call unto them, they stand up together."
 -Isaiah 48:12-13

"Thy right hand, O Lord, is become glorious in power:  Thy right hand, O Lord, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.  And in the greatness of Thine excellency Thou hast overthrown them that rose up against Thee:  Thou sentest forth Thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.  Who is like Thee, O Lord, among the gods?  Who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" 
-Exodus 15:6, 7 & 11

"Nevertheless I am continually with Thee:  Thou hast holden me by my right hand." 
- Psalm 73:23



Blessings to you!!!  
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts