Eternal Fitness and Kingdom Muscles



 "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." -I Timothy 4:8




Hello there!  Hope you are having a great week!


Today's post is rather "short and sweet" (kinda made me laugh typing that - since my post is about "fitness"! LOL!)  However, for this post, the fitness I'm talking about is the eternal kind! :) It IS super important to take care of the earthly body God has given us for sure, but today I wanted to encourage aka "pump you up" (see what I did there - lol! ;p ) for the best kind of exercise there is - the exercise of righteousness!

Sometimes our faith can feel "flabby" and our strength rather weak, but use those times (and any time actually!) to really turn to your Trainor - the best One there is EVER - the Holy Spirit!  He's your internal - eternal Trainor!!  With Him, the results are "out of this world" - GUARANTEED!!! ;)  HOW AWESOME IS THAT????!!!!! :) :) :)

Here are a few "pointers" for fitness eternally and muscles that have the very best purpose!!!! ;)

  • EXERCISE YOURSELF UNTO GODLINESS!!! 

 "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." -I Timothy 4:8

  • RUN THE WAY OF GOD'S COMMANDMENTS!!  

32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. 
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. - Psalm 119:32-37

  • DO DRILLS - IN CHARACTER!!!   
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. - Colossians 3:8-15

  • LIFT UP OTHERS - DON'T PUT THEM DOWN AND HELP CARRY THEIR BURDENS!!
1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please [his] neighbor for [his] good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. - Romans 15:1-4

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; - Hebrews 3:13-14


  • LISTEN TO YOUR TRAINOR!!!
My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. - Proverbs 2:1-5

  • KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!
10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
12 For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.
13 This wisdom have I seen also under the sun, and it seemed great unto me:
14 There was a little city, and few men within it; and there came a great king against it, and besieged it, and built great bulwarks against it:
15 Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man.
16 Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools.
18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good. - Ecclesiastes 9:10-18

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,


14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

Live with your eyes focused on what counts for forever and help motivate others to live for His glory by telling them how to have a "membership" to heaven through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!!!  "Flex" those kingdom "muscles" by acting on God's promises daily and obeying Him in everything!!!  

I'm cheering you on mighty people of truth!!!!!!!!  God and you - GOT THIS!!!  ;)
~Bri


Comments

Popular Posts