:Delight:

"Delight thyself also in the Lord..." - Psalm 37:4a

Well, hello there!  Hope you're having a great week!

Today's post is short and sweet!  It's "setting" is as if we were sitting down chatting over a yummy cup of hot chocolate or warm coffee with cream and God put it on my heart to tell you this...

"What is it that you delight in?  I'm sure delighting in this warm cup of hot chocolate right now!  Lol!  But, really!  What truly brings you the greatest delight in life?"

 God gives many good things that bring us delight.  But He's  prompting me to make sure He is my delight above all delights! His heart is asking, "Am I Your greatest of all delights?"  "Am I at the forefront of your thoughts when you think of what brings you pleasure?" "Do you think of me when you delight in things, because I'm the One Who gave them to you.  I'm jealous for your love and will go to any length to win your delight every day!"  "Are you looking for all that I'm doing to show you my love and delight for you every day?"  I don't want you to miss out on it!  My delight in you is very specific, because you are my one-of-a-kind creation!"  (And I totally picture Him winking after saying that!) Lol! ;)

My point, my friends is simply this.  When you are delighting in anything good - take a moment to thank God for giving it to you!  And with all your heart - make Him your chiefest and most favorite delight!  HE IS DELIGHT itself and He delights in you!

I love the verses of the Bible contain the word "delight"!  Here's a couple of them! :)

"Trust in the Lord, and do good: so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. (feast of His faithfulness).  Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord: trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.  And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light and thy judgement as the new day."
-Psalm 37:4-6

"In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul!" -Psalm 94:19

"I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within my heart!" -Psalms 40:8

"Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." - Isaiah 58:14

"Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live:  for thy law is my delight." - Psalm 119:77

"But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 9:24

"He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me." - Psalms 22:8


Delight in the Lord friends and thank Him as you delight in all the wonderful things He gives!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Blessings,
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts