Musings of {A Cherry & Comparison}


"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."



Hello there!  Glad to have you "stop by" this post today! :)

The other day I reached into our fridge for the container of awesome South Carolina peaches that were calling my name and noticed that there was a cherry hanging out in there.  LOL!  I said, "Well, apparently this cherry is wanting to be a peach!"  And that got me to thinking...I'm like that cherry alot of the time.  

Cherries are so awesome and so are peaches!  I wouldn't want either one to be the other - I like them just the way they each are!  It's rather silly to think of a cherry trying to be a peach and vice versa isn't it? But, too often, I am that "cherry" trying to be a "peach".  I compare myself to others around me, try to figure out what about them is "better" than me and maybe if I try to be like that "better" others will like me more.  Seriously - such silliness.  God likes me for me - the me He made me to be - His one of a kind masterpiece.  And that fact alone should make me love the me He's made! It really is that simple.  Comparison is a choice.  Comparison is an avenue of lies that you choose willing to walk down. DON'T WALK THERE!!!!!!!!! It's a frame of mind that satan just looooves for you to put your picture in!  DON'T FRAME YOUR MIND IN THAT PICTURE! It's a empty path to walk. It's a sad picture to be in.  Is it in reality hard to resist going there?  Sure - it is for me, but even more of a reality is that satan's pull has got NOTHING on Christ's power!!!!  Claim truth, refuse satan and his lies and walk in the freedom of who you truly are and enjoy every moment of life as a perfectly designed child of the Almighty King!!!!!!!! Choose wisely what you think on and where you go with your heart in belief!  

I think I've shared this saying before, but I'm going to again! It's something God spoke to my heart years ago and I treasure it!


      "Give the world God's Bri, not Bri's Bri or anyone else's Bri!"  

Lol - isn't that so awesomely great?!  It's so true!  Insert your name in that sentence!!!  It's true for you too!

“But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” -I Samuel 16:7

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” -Romans 12:2

“For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.” -2 Corinthians 10:12


  “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” -Galatians 2:20

   Blessings to you!!!  Enjoy being you to the fullest by living in the truth of who God made you to be!  He doesn't make mistakes, never has, never will!  His designs are perfect and with a purpose!!!  Seek Him and live out yours today friend!!!
    ~Bri




Comments

Popular Posts