Skip to main content

A Father's Love


"Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work." (‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2‬:‭16-17‬)


Hey there friends!!!
Hope you're having a GREAT week!!

Today's post is in honor of Father's Day coming up this Sunday! :)

In case you were wondering - YEP! That's me and my Dad in those pictures up there ^! :)  I'm grateful for the God-given role of Fathers!  Mine always has been my role model and always will, because He lives with His eyes fixed on his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  I love how Dad makes me laugh, how his eyes twinkle when he teases me.  I love when he puts his arm around me, when he speaks truth calmly and lovingly when I'm freaking out over something.  I love how he calls Mom "Sugar" and me "Sweet girl".  I love how he's always there for me, a champion in my corner for any need from killing a spider to wiping my tears. I love how passionate he is about righteousness and truth and God's Holy Word and one of my favorite sights is seeing him on his knees in prayer!   All of these attributes that I love about my Dad are wonderful and yet they even pale in comparison to the attributes of my Heavenly Father and His perfect love!!!!  Wow.

Max Lucado puts God's Fatherly love so wonderfully in this excerpt from an entry on his website...

Finding a Father’s Love 

"No price is too high for a parent to redeem his child. No energy too great. No effort too demanding. A parent will go to any length to find his or her own.
So will God.
Mark it down. God’s greatest creation is not the flung stars or the gorged canyons, it’s his eternal plan to reach his children. Behind his pursuit of us is the same brilliance behind the rotating seasons and the orbiting planets. Heaven and earth knows no greater passion than God’s personal passion for you and your relationship with him.
Listen as God articulates his passion: “My heart beats for you and my love for you stirs up my pity. I won’t punish you in my anger and I won’t destroy Israel again. I am God and not a human. I am the Holy One, and I am among you.”1
Before you read any further, reflect on those last four words, “I am among you.” Do you believe that? Do you believe God is near? He wants you to. He wants you to know He is in the midst of your world. Wherever you are as you read these words, He is present. In your car. On the plane. In your office, your bedroom, your den, He is near..."

Friend, your heavenly Father is crazy about you!  He's proud of you! He's beaming over your life!  He has gone and will go to any length to show you His boundless love for you! He is your Champion, your Hero, your Counselor, Healer, Comforter,  etc. etc. etc. infinity!

Blessings to each one of you!  I'm glad you have the father that God gave you, whether or not he is your role model, because without him, there'd be no you!!!  This Father's Day love your earthly Father and thank God for him and love your Heavenly Father and thank Him for all He is to you!

~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts