{Faith Is}

"Let us fix our eyes on JESUS, 
the Author and Finisher of our faith..." 
Hebrews 12:2a

Hello there! :)  Hope you are having a great week!!!  
This post is the last in a mini-series of posts with the theme of "faith"!  Hope it blesses you!!

My Mom bought an incredible book called "Faith Is" by Pamela Reeve and every time I open it, the truths never cease to bless my heart like crazy!  A couple of years ago I shared in a post some quotes from this book and I wanted to share some more!  Some of these quotes may be repeats if you have a super memory, but it never hurts to be reminded of how awesome the journey of faith is again and again!!!  I've read them many times!!!! ;)  Enjoy claiming these nuggets of truth regarding Faith and our Author and Finisher of it!!!! :)

"Faith is...

...resting in His (God's) love, His presence, His provision."

...the handle by which I take God's promises and apply them to my particular problems.

...not a a leap in the dark nor a mystical experience nor an indefinable encounter with someone, but trust in One Who has explained Himself in a Person - CHRIST, in a historical record - THE BIBLE.

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; 
be strong."-I Corinthians 16:13

...remembering that in the kingdom of God EVERYTHING is based on promise and not feeling.

...rejecting the feeling of panic when things seem out of control.

...realizing that what God is going to do through me will be on the basis of miracle, not manpower; His promise not my goodness.

"We live by faith, not by sight." -2 Corinthians 5:7

...remembering I am God's priceless treasure when I feel utterly worthless.

...recognizing that God is the Lord of time when my idea of timing doesn't agree with His.

...confidence in God's faithfulness to me in an uncertain world, on an uncharted course, toward an unknown future.

"These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." - 1 Peter 1:7

...something God will prove genuine by testing.

...refusal to worry when I haven't a clue as to what God would have me do with my life.

...standing on the fact that God has designed me flawlessly for His purposes in the universe when I feel everything about me is one big mistake.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1

...not related to my believing hard enough, nor my emotional exhilaration or flatness, but rests on what God guarantees in His Word.

...believing that the persevering seemingly unanswered prayer of many years is not an exercise in futility, but the means by which God is accomplishing His great eternal purposes in His time.

...not faith in itself, but faith in the facts of Scripture, fact of Christ's death, fact of His resurrection.

...not an idea that God is somehow trustworthy, but confidence in Him based on His proof of utter trustworthiness in dying for me.

...not a vague hope of a happy hereafter, but an assurance of heaven based on my trust in Christ's death as payment for my sins.

...refusing to feel quilty over past confessed sins, when God, the Judge, has sovereignly declared me pardoned.

...letting go of that which God is asking me for."

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." -Colossians 3:1-2

Is your faith feeling energized?!  I hope so!  May your faith be strong in the Lord and may the world behold in awe all He does on your behalf because of it! 
Blessings,
Bri




Comments

Popular Posts