My Most Favorite Act of Love








I'd consider myself a HUGE FAN of love.  Lol.  No, but really! I experience any small gesture or token of love by anyone anywhere and my love meter goes off with a loud *DING* in my heart and I'm blessed like crazy!  From the random small boy with a big heart who held the door open for me at the store to the elderly couple holding hands in the parking lot walking each other to their car and I could go on and on of all the acts of love I see everyday (spoken and unspoken) that bling my heart, but you get the point! Lol!  I guess for the most part who doesn't love - "love", right?! :) 

I paused for a moment just now and tears came to eyes as I think on my most favorite act of love I've EVER experienced.  This single act is what DEFINES every small act of love that I'll ever see my whole lifetime.  It's the CORE and VERY ESSENCE of why my love meter even exists!

You see, there was this amazing guy.  The most amazing there ever was or ever will be.  He loved me unconditionally.  He walked this earth with a perfect heart.  But, my heart wasn't perfect and I was convicted of sin with a death penalty. This amazing guy, well He didn't deserve death.  He was perfect and on top of it all, He was the Son of Royalty!  But, He loved me too much.  He loved me more than life.  He loved me enough to, unfathomably, take my death penalty on Himself.  And it wasn't going to be a quick and easy death.  It was going to be on a pain level both physically and spiritually beyond anything I could ever image or even possibly know.  It was going to be gruesome.  He was going to be physically beaten beyond recognition and then pegged to a tree like no human ever should be and then spiritually every sin of mine was going to be laid on Him.  I can't take the dark oppression feeling of when I sin and I can't imagine all the sins of all years of my life being laid on Him.  I can't fathom that.  It's horrific.  And He knew that going in.  He knew what He was taking on Him and He did, because He loved me that much.  He told me that He loved me eternally.  He knew that my just penalty for my sin wasn't just any death, it was an eternal one and He couldn't bear the thought of losing me for eternity.  How could He satisfy an eternal death penalty with His life you say?  Well, remember I said that He was the Son of Royalty?  Well, His Father was and is the King of Eternity!  Yeah!  It's so wildly mind blowing that the Son of the King of Eternity loved me enough to die for me.  His name?  Jesus Christ my Beloved Savior, Son of God and Son of man.  What's even more awesome?  HIS LOVE COULDN'T KEEP HIM IN THE GRAVE!  HE DEFEATED DEATH AND LIVES FOREVER WITH THE FATHER IN HEAVEN LOVING ME WITH LOVE UNSPEAKABLE AND FULL OF GLORY!  

I told this truth in the story form that I did, just to give a personal perspective on my most favorite act of love!  It's all true! I wasn't there physically when Jesus died on the cross for my sins, but I experienced it through His Word, the Bible and through my spirit when I "went to the cross" and believed that He died for my sins and claimed the fact that He is the Son of God!  His death was a gift and it was just as much for me as it is for you!!!  He died for each of us personally!  He's a personal Savior!  The eternal salvation gift isn't claimed to a life, until through belief, it's accepted!  What a gift!!!  What a selfless King to give up His Son as a sacrifice for all mankind!  

THAT IS WHY JESUS' DEATH AND RESURRECTION IS MY MOST FAVORITE ACT OF LOVE! It's what makes every other act of love have meaning! 

My heart is full. <3

John 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life!  For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.  He that believeth on Him is not condemned:  but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 10:10 "...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly!"

Jeremiah 31:3 "The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee!"

1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:"

John 6:47 "Verily, Verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭4‬)

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (‭Hebrews‬ ‭7‬:‭25‬)

Do you believe what He says and what His love truly did?  Are you His for eternity?  If you aren't - change that and accept His gift! If you are - celebrate and live with a grateful heart! ;)

Blessings to you!  Happy Resurrection week!
~Bri


Comments

Popular Posts