{Looking Up}

"Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens." -Psalms 123:1


Hey there! So glad you stopped by my blog today!  I hope this post encourages you and puts a smile on your face!!! :)

Have you ever been somewhere and saw someone looking up intently and/or excitedly?  What did you did when you saw them?  Followed their eyes and looked up didn't you?  :) (Grin.)  It's a pretty common reaction I'd say and it would be the same if it was you looking up excitedly - most everyone will look up to see what you see too!  Well, it's really the same spiritually!  When you are excitedly looking up to the Lord, people are going to follow your joyful gaze upward and be drawn to Christ!

This post is rather simple!  I'm desiring and purposing to look upward more - would you like to too?! :)  Matt. 6:22 says, "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light!"  So, let's do as Helen Lemmel wrote sweetly in a sacred hymn, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus.  Look full in His wonderful face.  And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace!"

Take a moment and soak in the verses below!  I was so encouraged by each one!  Turn those eyes heavenward friends!  Let's point the world to Jesus by being excitedly focused on His glory and grace!  

I want to start off with two verses that really struck me as soooooo incredibly awesome!  I want to be like Stephen!  This is what was written of him in Scripture - it's so beautiful!!!

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." -Acts 7:55-56

~~~~~~~~~~

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." -Psalms 5:3 

~~~~~~~~~~

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:2 

~~~~~~~~~~

"For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth." -Psalms 26:3

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes." -Psalms 118:23

~~~~~~~~~~

"Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way." -Psalms 119:37

~~~~~~~~~~

"Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil." -Proverbs 4:25-27

~~~~~~~~~~

"They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed." -Psalms 34:5 

~~~~~~~~~~

Blessings to you!  Keep those eyes steadfastly focused up and be ready to share the reason of your joyful gaze!!!!

~Bri

(P.S. Auntie brag note - Isn't my niece ADORABLE!! ;) LOL! Photography by my Sister and Bro-in-law:  www.photographybybritton.com

Comments

Popular Posts