The Shield Factor


"Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word." -Psalms 119:114 


Hey there! Glad you "stopped by" my blog today!   Hope you enjoy this post!

Shields sure are fascinating aren't they?  There's just something about them!  From little plastic children's ones used to play "valiant knight" to the "real deals" in museums with stories etched into them, to fictional characters such as Captain America - the consensus is that shields are just plain awesome!  I was thinking about why that's the case and I'd have to say it's because of what they stand for!  Protection, strength, defense, integrity, confidence, bravery, fortitude, determination and heroic-ness to name a few!  Wouldn't you agree?  

You know-God associates Himself with "shields" in the Bible and the verses have such rich and picturesque power to them!  I grew up knowing that God is my shield, but I can take the reality of the "shield factor" in this Christian life for granted too much!  God being my shield is something breath taking really.  It's a wonderful wonder in this life that I want to recognize more and praise the Lord for more!  Below are some of the verses written in the Bible talking about God being our shield!  Let's check them out and "soak in" the truth of the Lion of Judah being our shield in this life He's given us to live!!! 


"But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." (Psalms 3:3)

WOW.  He's my shield.  He's my glory. (The best kind of glory to have - hands down!)  As if that isn't enough - He lifts up my head!  That one gets me.  I picture a loving father seeing a son or daughter with their head down in fear or discouragement.  I picture His strong hands gently cupping His child's chin and tilting it up till their eyes meet and all fear and discouragement blows away like in a breeze!)  That's what your Heavenly Father does for you loved one! :)

"For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield." (Psalms 5:12)

Double WOW.  The Lord's blessing is upon us.  That fact is so amazing.  AND He surrounds us with HIS FAVOR as with a shield!  Just picture that!  A shield of God's favor!! AHHH!! SOOO NEAT!!!!!  What a life!!!!!


"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." (Proverbs 30:5)

Triple WOW.  Every single word of God is more full of validity than any valid thing that ever was or ever will be!  AND every single one of His words are pure, virtuous and without fault.  So when He says that He is a shield to those who trust in Him - it is 100% without a doubt, FACT!!!!  Rest in that - ok?!!! ;)

Blessings to you!  Live today knowing that the Lion of Judah, the Defender of your soul and fiercest (in a good way) Hero of your life has you covered!!!! :)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts