Love is...

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another!" ~1 John 4:11~


Hey there!  Happy Valentine's Week!  ;)  It's one of my favorite weeks of the year!  What can I say?  I love celebrating love! Lol!


I'm excited about today's post!!!  The following is some nuggets of truth from family and friends regarding what love is!  I asked them to contribute to this post and what they gave is like a treasure chest full of amazingness!  I hope that, after reading this post, your heart and mind will be full with the glorious miracle and magnitude of what love is and how God designed it to be given! :)


Love is...

...seeing past the superficial to meet the deeper needs of the heart no matter the cost!
...pursuing fervently expecting nothing in return!
...giving up my "rights" in order to truly bless the needs and even wants of others!
...taking time to listen to the concerns of others!
...always seeking to dwell with understanding!
...a cheerful attitude! 
...always taking the initiative!
...contagious!
...going the extra mile!

~Britton and Erika F.~



"...surrender.  It is surrendering your desires of love to God on a daily basis in order to maximize the blessing of when they are fulfilled!  

"...lavishing.  It is giving above and beyond what it is already more than enough, in order to show her worth to you!"

~Brad N.~



"...not being critical of each other in public
...establishing your own imaginary kingdom (safe-zone) where you can talk to each other about things that need to change, emotional topics, uncomfortable things..in an environment that is safe and understanding, secure from criticism, selfishness, anger and hostility. Anything goes in the Kingdom.
...not letting finances affect your life, but constantly knowing God is in control.
...snuggling and constant affection...always holding hands, and even catching each others eye.
...having moments of speaking in deep appreciation.
...not comparing each other to other people.
...not throwing past things in each others faces.
...dreaming together about whatever!
...still leaving love notes, buying flowers, making dinner. ...pursuing each other like you did when you were dating ;)
...kissing and saying "I love you" every day.
...complementing each other when they look nice.
...asking each other how you can grow or if there's anything that needs to change."

~Judah and Lauren R.~



...Who God is.
...inexhaustible. 
...timeless.
...unwavering. 
...respect. 
...not viewing romance as fulfilled expectations!
...a banishing of fear. 
...a binding together. 
...noticing the little things. 
...a legacy.
...being patient with joy.
...seeing beauty in blemishes.
...abhorring evil. 
...full of faithfulness. 

~Me - Bri! Lol. :) ~



"...being Kind (more so to those who think they are unloveable) 
...showing people that they are valuable -helping them to love them-self 
...a {choice}
...[selfless] 
...sacrificial
...to want the best for the other person (what God wants) 
...to be willing to put someone else above yourself even if that choice hurts you most.

So many people these days have this view that love is just a feeling- one that could last for a week or years. That love is the feeling they get on their first date or on their first kiss. But if love was only a feeling then the world would be in big trouble. Growing up my mom always said, "Love is a choice." 
It actually is the same with God. God doesn't {have} to love us, but He {chooses} to anyway. 
I've always struggled with the "I don't feel like God loves me or cares about me," but as I talked with a friend, I started to realize- It's not about the feeling. Sometimes I don't "feel" like my mom loves me, but in reality she does. In the times I don't "feel" like God loves me, I have to come back to reality and realize that He does, and always will. He knows what's best for us and was willing to give up so much for us- even though it hurt Him the most. This is the true definition of love- "That He so Loved the world, that He {gave} His only son that we might have eternal life." 

~Alyssa F.~


"Love is not getting, but giving; not a wild dream of pleasure, and a madness of desire - oh, no, love is not that - it is goodness and honor, and peace and pure living - yes, love is that; and it is the best thing in the world, and the thing that lives longest." ~Henry van Dyke (not my personal friend - lol - but I just had to include his quote after Alyssa ^ sent it to me! ;)


I love the deep simplicity of this quote by my friend Eli W. 

"Love is living with a grateful heart!"



"And now abideth, faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love!"
~1 Corinthians 13:13

"But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"
~Ephesians 2:4-5

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another!" 
~1 John 4:11

I hope this "pumped up" your heart to day! Enjoy being loved in EVERY PERFECT WAY by your Almighty, loving God and go out and love those that He has placed in your life with His passion!!!
Blessings to you! <3
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts