Fear-Be-Gone



"...Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will shew to you to day..."
~Exodus 14:13


Hey there awesome people! :)
Hope you're having a good week!

I was just recently talking to my sister about fear.  She's always a rock for me when I'm fearful, and this time I had the opportunity to speak truth to her!  My heart was bursting for her not to worry about a certain situation and I found myself passionately saying out loud to her, "you have nothing to fear!"  :)  That moment made me think of how God's heart must all the more yearn for us to not worry about anything in life because our life is in His hands!  It also made me think of how all the more should we believe His truth, because He (the God of the Universe with endless and boundless power) has said to us, "You, my child, have nothing to fear!"  And on that note, I thought I would re-highlight a post about fear that I wrote a couple of years ago!  Here it is!


"I was thinking about FEAR. eek.
I was thinking about how I was allowing fears to creep into my 
thinking and freak me out.  It's quite the torturous state to be in! Entertaining fears should be a business that NO ONE is into! ;) I also have been thinking about the cure to fears!  I'm sure if there was an over-the-counter bottle of "fear-be-gone" it would sell off the shelves! Lol.  Truly though, there IS an even better cure that doesn't cost a penny!  God has been talking to my heart about it lately. :O)  His advice was the best fear antidote I've ever been given!  He told me to be still, come to Him, and in sincerity give Him my fears and He'll take care of them. 



  • Sound too easy? -Well,  it REALLY IS that simple.  We make it more complex by (oddly enough) being reluctant to "hand over" our fears.  Sometimes they go deep and we don't know what it'd be like without them...so we fear giving up our fears....:o\ (lol-heh.)  Oh, to let go and be free!!!!!  DO IT!!!! :O)

  • Are you thinking - "I don't think that will work for me." -Well, it's an absolute SURE thing, when you all-out choose to go to Him in humility and sincerity! There's no "exception" clause in the freedom He gives to those who obey! :O)

  • Do you feel like you don't even have the strength or the ability to go to Him in sincerity?  - NO PROBLEM!  The Great Physician - the One Who is the Cure for ALL that burdens you is so amazing that He enables the weak and hears their cry for help!  (even when that cry is just to be able to get to the place of sincerity and surrender!)  Just ask Him and see what miracles He performs on your behalf! :O)

God had these two verses come "alive" to me of late and I wanted to share them with you!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  the Lord is the strength of my life;  of whom shall I be afraid?  "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock!"  ~Psalm 27:1&5

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am Thy God:  I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness!" 
~Isaiah 41:10

Experiencing the freedom of fears is one of THE BEST gifts of our amazing God - Jehovah Rapha - our Healer! :O)  


Here's a few more verses that God led me to for this post - enjoy!!!!

"Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:  for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest!" ~Joshua 1:9

"There is no fear in love;  but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.  He that feareth is not made perfect in love." ~1John 4:18

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for Thou art with me;  Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me!  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:  Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever!" ~Psalm 23:4-6

"Wait on the Lord: be of courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord!"
~Psalm 27:14

"And Jesus touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid!" ~ Matthew 17:7


May you take your fears to the One Who's perfect love and power casts fears away and may you go rejoicing and telling others all about the "fear-be-gone" cure of your heavenly Father! :O)"


Blessings to each one of you!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts