Sight for the New Year

"Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?" 
(Jeremiah 23:23 KJV)


Happy New Year to you!!  I'm excited for this 2015 and for all God has planned!!!
I'm glad you stopped by my blog today!  Hope you are encouraged by this post! :)


I wanted to start off this post by taking us back in time for a moment - to a place where one of my favorite true stories happened!  Imagine that you are living back in Bible times.  You are a servant of a great man of God, and yet at this moment he is being hunted down by his enemies and hence, so are you.  You stay with him - loyal.  And yet right now is quite a scary moment, so scary that you fear for your life and don't see how you or your master will ever make it till tomorrow alive.  You've taken refuge in a city and yet the enemy has found you.  And we're not talking just a few evil men, we're talking TONS of men with horses and chariots, enough of them to totally surround the city during the night.  You had woken up early and discovered the grave situation.  You saw the fierce army.  Doom and despair had taken hold.  You rush to your master and cry "what are we going to do?!!!!!!"  And then calmly, with peace that baffles you, he says, "Don't be afraid.  For those that are with us far out number them!"  You're confused.  You look around and think "Who in the world is with us?!!"  Then you hear your master pray, "Lord, I pray Thee, open his eyes, that he may see."  Suddenly your eyes see a sight far beyond anything you've ever laid eyes on.  A speechless sight.  A glorious vision that sends all fear fleeing from your heart.  The mountain is FULL of horses and chariots, chariots of FIRE no less and they are surrounding your master all around.  Wow.  God had you covered - literally. You revel in His power and provision!

Isn't that such an incredible story?  It's a true one!  Above was my adaption of it, but the story is from 2 Kings 6 in the bible!  Here check it out!


"Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about. And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." (2 Kings 6:14-17)


I want to remember this story and keep it near to my heart this year!  It's such a great reminder that -

1) There is NO ONE like the God Almighty!

    -NOTHING-absolutely nothing is bigger than Him.  There's no dismay, discouragement, grief, decisions, persecutions, or any life happening that can undermine His goodness and His will! 

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18)

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2)


2) HE is at work ALWAYS!  There is more to this life than what is seen!

    - His Kingdom is NOW and His righteousness REIGNS supreme even when it's not always seen!

"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

"Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?" (Jeremiah 23:23)

"Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." (Psalms 27:11-14)

Blessings to you this year!   May you know that God REIGNS over your year with mercy and righteousness and may your eyes be opened to see with Kingdom vision, His glorious and speechless works! 

~Bri

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy the rest of your week,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalee! Thank you for your comment! (for some reason your comment showed up twice on this feed - that's why it says one of them were deleted! ;) Hope you are having a great week and are encouraged in the Lord!! Keep on being the amazing gal that I'm sure you are!!! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts