Bowed Down

"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"
 -Exodus 34:14-


Hello there! 
Hope you are having a great week and hope that this post is a blessing to add to it!


When you hear the the two words, "bowed down", what do you think of?  Does servanthood or worship come to your mind like it does mine?  Well, for today's post, I wanted to share some of my musings of late regarding what I'm seeing (and doing myself) so much of these days.  I see the tops of people's heads a lot more than I ever have before! Lol!! I see heads "bowed down" looking at those little devices called phones.  It's just striking me more seriously of late.  I'm totally one of the "bowed head" people myself.  The top of my head is seen more than it ever has been too!  Lol - but no really.  In line at Chipotle, waiting to order my favortie food ever and there in front of me is a dozen people most of which are looking at their phones and so, what do I do?  Well, I join the crowd. "What else is there to do anyways, right?"  (Face palm to my forehead inserted here.)  

First of all - don't get me wrong!  I'm so grateful for phones and the internet and the readiness and availiblitly of them and the info they provide.  It really is a prized invention!  I also realize that alot of people do work from their phone (I do too!).  In this post, I'm focusing on the times when it's really not a necessity and more of a habit. The times that my brain used be more at rest. The times when I used to not have the internet in my pocket screaming for my attention and bribing me that it'll take the "awkwardness" out of a quiet moment.  I'm talking about the moments when I used to take in the people around me and pray for them or talk through life things with God in the rare stillness.  Instead, I find myself "bowing down" my head to my phone.  "Why not browse on facebook and see if anything new and interesting has been posted since last time I checked?"  I used to take those moments and "seek God's FACE" or meditate on His BOOK. (see what I did there? ;p) It is true though!  As wonderful as technology is - it sure can become an idol.  My heart is just sobered by this.  I want to be "bowed down" to my Savior in the quiet moments of life, out of habit, instead of browsing on my phone out of habit.  I want to be the "head up" in a Chipotle ordering line smiling at the people around me and my heart communing with my Lord!  I want to be more aware of the moment I'm in, instead of being in cyberspace.  

Again, I'm not saying, "looking at your phone in public is wrong". lol! No way.  What I am saying though is that I don't want to miss out on "facetime" with my Savior.  I don't want to miss out on "liking" or "heart-ing" someone's life around me through prayer or a smile, because I was absorbed in my phone instead.  I want to soak in life around me more and not bury myself into an internet verison of me.  I want to bow down my heart, take up my cross and follow Jesus and use technology as HE would have me to!  I want to serve NOTHING and worship NOTHING but my Heavenly Father, the King of Glory - Emmanuel - God with us!

What about you? :)

"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually. Remember his marvelous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;" (1 Chronicles 16:8, 10-12)

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah."(Psalms 24:3-10)

(I know those verses ^^^ aren't talking about not looking at phones all the time - but it made me smile when God led me to them for this post! ;)

"I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word. Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalms 119:15-18)

Blessings to you!  Hope you have a super day today, being YOU and seeking God's face!
~Bri

Comments

  1. ahhh, thanks for the "reset perspective" button there Bri! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - you are so welcome! I needed this post so much myself! lol! That's how it always works - I type it by God's leading and He is faithful to remind to live by it! ;) Thanks for commenting!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts