Weights With Wings

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." ~Hebrews 12:1

Hello there!  So glad that you stopped by my blog today! :)  Hope you are encouraged by today's post! God encouraged my heart with this topic of late!

Life things can sure weigh a person down, can't they?  Some are tough things like illness, career/work decisions, and money situations.  Others are sad things like losing a loved one, losing a job or being discouraged in trying to find one.  Some can be difficult like wondering about the future, having college work/decisions, and maybe feeling  lonely in singleness. Some are challenging such as providing and caring for a family, juggling projects at work, home and ministry etc.  All of these and many more that aren't listed can be very heavy on the soul (mind, will and emotions).  If you're like me at all you might feel like you're going a bit crazy trying to think it all through and figure it all out!  Lol.  But, that's where I make my mistake.  The mistake that brings about the "crazy in my head" feeling.  I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT.  When I take life things all on ME and try to figure it all out on MY OWN - I’m destined for some worn out and injured life "muscles", especially my heart.  I wasn't created to carry the weight of the world and life on my shoulders.  

I PERSONALLY KNOW THE ALL KNOWING ONE!  What in the world am I thinking trying to carry life weights by myself when the ALL POWERFUL ONE is my Heavenly Father and my life and ALL it's decisions, positions, responsibilities, relationships, reputation, financial situation, ministry, work and future are in His hands!

This past couple weeks I've been trying to “figure out” aspects of life that I didn't need to.  It was really weighing me down.  I was dragging my "weight" around constantly when I didn't need to.  I was wasting energy that I needed!  I was too much "in my head". But, you know what?  God is WAY BIGGER than my head and all the thoughts in it!  Lol!  It's so true - but what’s also true and even better is that HE CARES ABOUT WHAT I THINK ABOUT more than I do, because He cares for ME!  
I experienced such a freedom from what was worrying me and weighing me down recently because of the Holy Spirit and I just wanted to share with you some of the keys that God uses to give such a freedom and peace.  It will pretty much be as though your life's weights sprouted wings!


- Pray (Talk it out to the Lord!  "Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." -Psalm 62:8)

-Share your heart and your thoughts with someone who will point you to truth.  (It really helps to verbalize what has been swirling around in your head!  "Conversations" with me, myself and I are really one-sided! ;) lol.  "Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." -I Thess. 5:11)

-Surrender (Get on your knees and offer it up to the Lord - completely give Him the "weight". "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." -Psalm 50:15)

-Encourage others (Use the energy you are spending in worry or discouragement and channel it into blessing others - ask God to direct you!  He will bring someone to mind that you can call, text, email or give a gift to that needs it!  It's the most rewarding and encouraging thing when you do this - especially when you may be struggling for joy yourself at that moment! “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”-Hebrews 10:24-25)

-Meditate on truth (Set Bible verses before your eyes!  Stick notes on your car dash, on your computer at work, as your cell phone background etc. and memorize them! Sing worship songs! Tell yourself out-loud if you have to what is true when you're tempted to think on false things that bring fear.  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." -Phil. 4:8)

Friend, 
I pray these keys that have blessed me this week - will bless you too!  Life decisions, responsibilities, struggles, sorrows and unknowns will not disappear, but the heaviness of carrying them alone WILL - when you give God preeminence in them!

Live life, love God and let Him be the Lord of ALL - your all in all!

“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.”
~Hebrews 12:1-3

Blessings!
~Bri

Comments

  1. I hesitate to say this because this could be said about all your blogs, but here goes: "This one's a keeper!" :) Oh Bri, How I love you and the thoughts that you think and share :) Blessings on you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts