God Behind the Scenes

"The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever: 
the Lord shall rejoice in his works." ~Psalms 104:31


Hello there! So glad that you stopped by my blog!  I have a fun little story to share! 

First, I want to say that God is always at work. No exception. His works are marvelous. No exception. That's Who He is and how He works! 

Here's the scene.  (True story by the way. ;)  I'm out Christmas shopping with my Mom.  I'm really hoping to find something for my sister at this store! I look around for a bit and then I see it - the perfect gift! I'm so excited! I look through the sizes and yet much to my dismay, hers isn't there. I'm bummed. It was exactly what I had been looking for and yet I couldn't get it for her. I stand there for awhile looking at it, as if it will magically change into the size I need - LOL.  I give up and walk away disappointed.  I send up a "prayer flare" that there would miraculously be the size I need somewhere else in the store. I keep shopping on.  Mom and I had split up in the store when we first arrived to divide and conquer, but after awhile she finds me in the shoe department (yep - if you lose me in a store - check the shoe department - lol!) She rolls up her shopping cart and then pulls out an item she had picked up earlier and says, "Bri, I thought maybe you would like to get this for Erika!" Shock and happiness and laughter then ensue. I can't believe it!  There in her hand is the very item, in the very size that I had wanted to give my sister and had prayed would be in the store! Toooo amazingly funny and exciting!!! God is amazing! I just know He was smiling and laughing with joy behind the scenes!  He guided Mom to that gift first and had her pick it up for me. It was safe from anyone else getting it before I did! He knew I would want it. He knew I would tell Him about it and ask Him for it to be there. He wanted to show me how much He cares even in the little things. He wanted to show me His perfect provision and make me laugh with joy at the same time! He knew how much I love details and especially when it's His fingers that put them together! He knew how much Mom loves helping me and wanted to delight her heart by using her. Yeah. Wow! I just absolutely love the everyday adventures that life with Christ brings! (Even in just a little shopping outing!)

Now, I know that we don't always find the size of clothes that we are looking for in life - but it's a solid truth that God sees the BIGGER PICTURE! He's the most amazing life planner! He's the most passionate about details! He's knows our individual hearts like nobody can or ever will! He loves giving good gifts and loves helping us give to others! He loves using people to play vital parts in blessing us! He hears our prayers and loves delighting our hearts! Don't underestimate Him in big and small life things! He is the PERFECT PROVIDER!!!!!!!!

Trust His heart. Praise Him for His work behind the scenes, whether you see it all or not!  He's always at work wondrously. No exception. His will is perfect. No exception. He's crazy about you! No exception!

"Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation. The works of the Lord are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein. His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever. He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion. He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant. He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen. The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."
(Psalms 111:1-10)

"The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee.
The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever." (Psalms 145:9-10, 17-21)

"Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul."
 (Psalms 103:22)

"The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever: the Lord shall rejoice in his works."   
(Psalms 104:31)


Friend, don't take lightly the work that God is doing behind the scenes, just because you can't always see it when you want to!  He's smiling and laughing with joy at what He is planning for you!  It's nothing short of amazing!!!!!
Blessings!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts