{Forever My Hero}

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth!" ~John 1:13~


I don't know about you, but I never get tired of hearing hero stories!  I see a story on my email news page "pop up" with anything to do about heroism and I'm clicking on it to read more and learn about what happened!  Doesn't it give you chill bumps when you hear of someone laying aside their life and rescuing a trapped person from a burning building and certain death?  Doesn't it thrill your heart when you read about someone who noticed a destitute soul in great need and reached out and provided for them?  Don't you get excited when you learn of a little child with no family or home who gets adopted into a family who prayed for God to guide them to each other?!

Yes.  I get chill bumps!  I get thrilled and excited when I hear these incredible stories!  Well, you know what?  Christmas is such an wonderful time to remember how my spiritual life story relates to each one of those hero stories above!  It's also a time to give specific glory to the One Who will forever be my Hero for changing my life with His selfless love!

My Hero saved my life from certain, eternal and horrible death because of my sin.  He saw me before I was ever born and His heart was moved with compassion because of the destitution of my soul and my great need of a Savior Who could take my sin penalty for me.  He knew I could never bring myself out of my need on my own, in my own feeble works and He rose up mightily on my behalf.  He took on satan actually and was victorious!  He knew the delight and blessing that being "adopted" into His life, as His very own daughter would bring and He made a way so that He could have me, if I would "have" Him! 

My Hero is Jesus Christ.  The Hero of All Heroes.  The reason why heroes on earth are so exciting, is because they are showing forth Christ's character! Whether they mean to or not, because anything good to do with heroic-ness, comes from HIM! He came to earth as a baby.  The SON OF GOD became man.  He put on flesh so that He could become the sacrifice Who was worthy to take away the sins of the world.  Every sin.  Yours, mine and ours.  Is that not the epitome and definition of a hero?!!!!!! WOW.  WOWZERS. WHOA. Just wow.  The King came down from His throne to romance a broken world.  The Lord of all walked among men in humble form.  The Greatest of all became the very least.  He did it for me.  He did it for you.

He is forever my hero.  

Bless you heavenly Father of mine!  Thank you for winning over my spirit with your love.  Thank you for being born of a virgin here on earth, for breathing, eating, working, teaching, and living to ultimately die in declaration of your astronomical love for me. And for willingly giving Yourself as the sacrificial lamb to take on every single one of my sin's punishments.  Thank you for vanquishing my "eternal death" seal and for replacing it with the seal of Your Holy Spirit alive in me securing my LIFE for eternity - with You!  Thank you for Christmas and for being the reason we celebrate this season!

I'm forever grateful.

Love, 
Bri

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE!" -John 3:16 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts