Better than a Beethoven Symphony


"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:  marvellous are thy works; 
and that my soul knoweth right well!" ~Psalm 139:14~



Hi there!!!  I'm so glad you "stopped by" today!  
I have happy tears in my eyes as I type this, because this truth is so dear to my heart and so exciting to share!


It's astounding how valued the works of Beethoven are and what sacrifice and dedication musicians make to do his pieces justice in performance!

It's also incredible how much artwork by Michelangelo is worth and how far people travel just to get a glimpse!

The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci has been acclaimed as the "best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about and the most parodied work of art in the world”.

And yet…

…NONE of these great pieces of music and art can ever compare to EXTRAORDINARY YOU!  

There was never a more dedicated Composer than the 
ONE Who wrote your life symphony.  

There was never a more gifted Artist than the ONE Who sculpted you into existence and Who is passionate about every stroke made in the painting of your past, present and future. HE’s the ONE Who gave Beethoven, Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci their gifts. 

HIS WORKS are infinitely wondrous and YOU are one of them.  Being ‘one of them’ is unbelievably amazing - because that means you are the only one of your kind - there’s just one YOU!  He sent His Son from HEAVEN to die for your sins and make a way for you to live forever with Him in heaven! I'd say that He "wins" the "farthest traveled" prize for His love for you! ;)

You are better than the “best known” art, because you were created and are known by the best - Jesus Christ!  
You are the “most visited” masterpiece, because God is constantly (non-stop) pursuing your heart!  
You are the “most written about”, because your life was written on the heart of God and He has said that He thinks more thoughts of you than the grains of sand!  {Whoa.}  
You are the “most sung about”, because God says that He rejoices over you with singing and He has always been and always will be!  (that’s a lot of singing! ;)

I’ve been listening to a song by Steven Curtis Chapman over and over and it’s called, “Only One and Only You”.  Read these lyrics and hear God singing it over you, ok?!

"I caught you looking in the window at your reflection and
I could see you were unimpressed
I watch you whither like a willow at what you think are imperfections
When you compare you to all the rest
And I wish I could find a way to make you see you the way I do
So I wrote this song for you

You’re better than a Beethoven symphony
And Mona Lisa wishes she could be a masterpiece like you
More than any Michelangelo
When I look at you I know
There’s no other masterpiece like you
You are the only one and only you

There is music in your laughter the world has never heard before
You came and brought a melody
The way you say it the way you see it
When you’re sad and glad and so much more
All these gifts only you can bring
Still I know that right now everything that you feel says it’s just not true
So I’ll keep reminding you that

You’re better than a Beethoven symphony
And Mona Lisa wishes she could be a masterpiece like you
More than any Michelangelo
When I look at you I know there’s no other masterpiece like you
You are the only one and only you

Wonderfully, carefully woven together by God’s own hand
And you’re better than a Beethoven symphony
And Mona Lisa wishes she could be a masterpiece like you
More than any Michelangelo
When I look at you I know there’s no other masterpiece like you
You are the only one and only you

You are the only one and only you"


So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Genesis 1:27) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good!" (Genesis 1:31a)

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! (Psalms 8:3-5, 9)

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. (Isaiah 43:1)

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. (Psalms 139:14-18)

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:5-10)

But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. (Isaiah 64:8)

Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. (Isaiah 62:3)

YOU are better than a Beethoven symphony! ;)  Believe it. Claim it. Own it. Live it. Be blessed by it.  Bless others because of it and love the ONE true God Who made you so wonderfully the only one and only YOU! 
Blessings!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts