Throwing Discouragement Over the Mountains

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, 
all ye that hope in The Lord!" ~Psalms 31:24


Hi there! I'm glad you stopped by my blog today! :)

Do you ever get discouraged? Yeah. Me too. We all do. This past week though - God showed me a perspective on discouragement that changed the way I viewed it. 

My sister has this saying that always makes me chuckle and it helps put things into perspective when I'm fearful, worried, nervous etc. She takes whichever one of those is bothering me and adds "chuck it over the mountains!!!" LOL! Hence this post's picture! "Take discouragement and chuck it over the mountains!" :) I love the picture of determination that it brings, to not let what's bothering me - bother me! It makes me feel like - YES! I'm gonna take this discouragement, crumble it up in my hand and throw it so far that it flies right over the mountains and into oblivion! Lol! Kinda weird and funny, I know, but in essence it's true when your life is the Lord's! He the One that gives the freedom, but we have to let go. 

I heard a speaker preach on discouragement and something he said really rang in my heart with a *GONG*! He said that the definition of discouragement is "the depriving of courage.". Whoa. Um, I know this might seem strange, but I never really thought about how the word COURAGE is in the word "discouragement" and never really thought about how discouragement is "being emptied of courage". I just thought that it was sort-of  generally like "down in the dumps", "feeling low", "bummed", and a common ailment of feeling that I experience from time to time like most people. But, when I heard that "lack of courage" definition, it actually made me not think as lightly of discouragement! It made me not want to entertain discouragement!

Discouraging thing happen and discouraging feelings come. Yes, they do. What it comes down to, though, is what we DO WITH that discouraging feeling when it hits us! My brother told me once that discouragement is NOT OF GOD! (And that's SO true!) So, satan would have us caught up in a discouragement trap, believing we need to stay there for awhile. (for "self pity's sake", for "fear,'s sake", for "no escape's sake")  Christ FORSOOK ALL and died so that we wouldn't be bound by any pity, fear or trapped feelings! He took sin upon Himself so that we would not be a slave to it! HE has made us free!

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (‭Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬)

Pretty amazing verse isn't it? What do you say? Wanna live surrendered and "throw discouragement over the mountains" with me?! :) 

Blessings to you as you do! 
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts