Just Taking in the Moment

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might 
have it more abundantly!" ~John 10:10b


There she sat.  A little girl in a yard full of grass.  I watched as her precious 6 month self lit up with delight at the feel of this soft and intriguing green "stuff" all around her!  She moved her tiny hands back and forth and ran her sweet little fingers through the blades of grass. She loved it!  Her face shown bright, full of excitement and she squealed with joy and wonder as she took in the moment!

I want to be like that little niece of mine!  She sat there knowing that she was loved and taken care of and was thoroughly enjoying God's creation! It was that simple. It was as if sitting in the grass was a gift to her!  She wasn't worried about the future, about finances, about what people thought of her, or about what cell phone notifications were vying for her attention.  It was about her just being her and enjoying the moment God had given her!  

I don't want, in my "grown-up-ness" to lose my delight and wonder in the "little" things!  I want to live in the truth that I'm loved and taken care of by God! I want to squeal with joy at the works of God's hands!  I want to take in every moment as a gift and my face to light up with everything He gives!  Yes, responsibilities are an incredibly important part of adult-hood, but worries are not!  I'm grateful to God for this reminder!  There are so many WONDROUS things to enjoy around me every day along life's way and I'm purposing to look for them and thank God for them with delight!

"For Thou, Lord, hast made me glad through Thy work:  I will triumph in the works of Thy hands!" ~Psalms 92:4

"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy works: I muse on the work of Thy hands!" ~Psalms 143:5

"How Great Thou Art" by Carl Boberg

"O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
consider all the worlds Thy hands have made.

I see the stars.  I hear the rolling thunder.
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee,
How great Thou art!  How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee,
How great Thous art!  How great Thou art!..."

How about you?  Will you purpose to do this too? :) Blessings!  Enjoy just taking in the moments and thanking God for what precious gifts they truly are! :)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts