Don't Let It "Get Your Goat"!

"And as ye would that men should do to you, 
do ye also to them likewise." 
~Luke 6:31~

Hi there! I'm glad you stopped by my blog!  Hope today's post is a blessing to you! :)

"Don't let it get your goat!" Lol!  Who comes up with these sayings that we say?!  (If you're not quite sure what it means, well, in essence it's saying, "Don't let that person/situation get you riled and angry!") Makes sense right? (Yeah, I'm not so sure either but I'm gonna roll with it anyways! lol! ;)

The past couple weeks, I've witnessed some pretty angry people! (And by pretty, I'm not talking beautiful. Anger is anything but beautiful. Eesh.)
One was the driver in front of me, who wasn't happy with the driver in front of him and he almost crashed his car into the curb as he hurled not so nice words out the window at his "offender". *Shaking my head in disbelief inserted here*.  Next, was a lady making a crazy angry scene in a parking lot because her little boy wouldn't get into his car seat. *Insert my my heart hurting here* Another, was the lady behind me in a drive thru that couldn't get through and was irate in a matter of minutes because of it, including venomous words spewed at us cars in front of her, because of her "wait".  *Insert my grieved soul here*.  

Yeah.  I'm not a fan of anger.  It's ugly. It's extremely selfish and it's hurtFUL.  

"Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry:  for anger resteth in the bosom of fools." ~Ecclesiastes 7:9

It amazes me how fast people react to situations and people in anger and yet I know that it's easy to get to that place.  They've allowed their "goat to be gotten" over and over and over by dwelling on annoyances (big and small).  They've harbored them in their soul and haven't surrendered them to the ONE Who can handle them all and infuse them with His peace that passes all understanding!  They've chosen to "handle" it on their own and lashing out is their form of "justice" on all that (and who) has "violated" their personal "rights" (which are twisted when God isn't given the pre-eminence in every situation and in life).  

Focusing on the ALL RIGHTEOUS God when we feel our rights have been violated is key! Surrendering to His will in every situation and toward every aggravation is the awesome use of that key!  

Seeing people get angry and hurt others gets me angry. (Heh.)  It IS good to hate evil, but it's so  important to love the hurting.  The victims of anger aren't the only ones that are hurt.  The angry person his/herself is actually a very hurt person.  They need the Lord.  Anger is an awful bondage to be bound by.  They self inflict torture on themselves as they inflict others.  It's so sad!  It's grievous and God punishes such sin, but God is prompting me to pray for those people that struggle with anger that I encounter in life.  He's also encouraging me to not let "my goat be got" by them or by anything!  Sure I have things that aggravate me, annoy me and bother me, but  it's so dangerous to dwell on them!!  I want live in surrender with every one that I experience!

Maybe you encounter angry people in public, at work, or even at home.  Pray for them and bless them with freedom!  God will do miraculous things through those prayers and blessings!  Do you have things that aggravate, annoy, and bug you?  Don't "keep" them!  Give them to God - quick!!! It's easy to become angry if you harbor them!

"He that is slow to anger, is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city!" ~Proverbs 16:32

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: ~Ephesians 4:31

"Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:  fret not thyself in any wise to do evil." ~Psalms 3:8-9


"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." ~Romans 12:21

Blessings to you friends!  Remember when aggravating things come - don't let your goat be gotten, but go ahead and let the cat get your tongue! It's best that way! ;)  
~Bri

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." ~James 1:19-20

Comments

Popular Posts