Waking Up With A Smile

"I laid me down and slept;  I awaked;  
for the Lord sustained me!"
~Psalms 3:5~

Hey there!  Thanks for visiting my blog today! Hope it makes you smile! :)

I have a story to share for today's post!  This past week, my family and I went on vacation down south!  It was my parents, my brother, my sister Erika,  my brother-in-law Britton and my precious little 4 month old niece Cora and me!  We had a blast together as we always do!  Well, at the end of the trip, our carpool had to part and my sister and her family headed back to Chicago and the rest of us headed home to Ohio.  We kept checking in with each other to see how the trip home was going and on one of our "check in's", my sister told us the cutest thing!  Little Cora had been sleeping for quite awhile on the road and as they stopped for a travel break, Erika decided to try and wake her up.  She leaned over the car seat carrier and said softly, "Cora, time to get up!".  She figured it wouldn't work on the her just 4 month old, but had fun saying it anyways!  :)  She was surprised, though, when Cora, still sleeping smiled!  So, she said it again, "Cora, time to get up!" and again, Cora smiled with her eyes still closed!  She told Britton, that he had to see this, so he opened the back car door, and leaned over the carrier with Erika and they both together, told the cute little bundle, "Time to get up!".  Cora smiled again at their voices and then opened her eyes and smiled the sweetest smile as if to say, "I know you two and I love being loved by you!"  Isn't that just so sweet?!!  

A little while down the road, (after Erika had told Mom that story), Mom shared a precious application that came to her heart!  It was this - just as Cora heard her parents calling her name and it brought a smile to her face and made her wake up with joy, so it should be with each one of us!  God has called us by name and each morning He, our loving Heavenly Father is the One that is waking us up with another day of life!!!  How could we not smile when we have the honor of being His, of waking up and listening to His voice and of knowing His smile is present over us with the start of each new day and all throughout the day and night?!  His love is never on hold or "off duty" and His faithfulness is endless!  Isn't THAT the sweetest truth?!

"As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness:  I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness!" ~Psalms 17:15

"In the light of the King's countenance is life; and His favor is as a cloud of the latter rain." ~Proverbs 16:15

"How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God!  How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, 
I am still with Thee!"
~Psalms 139:17-18

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him!" ~Lamentations 3:22-24


I hope this little story and application blessed you and I hope that tomorrow morning and all mornings thereafter, you wake up with a smile in your heart and on your face! :)

May the Lord bless you and keep you!  May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you!  May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace!
~Bri :)


Comments

Popular Posts