By Name

"But now thus saith the Lord that created thee...Fear not: 
for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; 
thou art mine!" 
~Isaiah 43:1~

Hey there!  Hope you're having a great week!


So, I grabbed a coffee one morning this past week on my way to work.  I ordered, got my drink and then hopped back in my car and set my vanilla latte in the cup holder.  I looked down at my name scrawled in sharpie on that cup'o'joe and smiled.  That's me.  I'm Bri.  It made me feel good to be called by name, even in such a little way! :)  

Just my name written on a coffee cup made me happy and it's a good reminder of how much JOY there is to be had in knowing that I have been called by name in the Lord.  My name is written on His hand and I'm held in His heart.  Wow.  The God Who's name is mightier than anything knows me by name and loves me?!  What an honor and what an out-of-this-world blessing!!!!

Check out this verse about God's name - the name above all names!

"Neither is there salvation in any other:  for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." 
~Acts 4:12  
(Now THAT is what I call a POWERFUL name!  Salvation from sin forever is given to those who believe on Jesus?! WHEWIE!! AWESOME!!!!)

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!"  ~Acts 16:31
(It's THAT simple.  That simple act of belief and God's redemption from eternal death due us, because of our sin -washes us clean. )



YOU have been called by name, by the Lord Jesus Christ friend!!!!  It's a fact!  Do you believe He is Who He is?  Do you believe on His name?!  If you have - REJOICE in HIS NAME!  Claim who you truly are, by living in the truth of Who God truly is!!! You're HIS!! Right now and FOREVER! :)  You were created to live life with eternal, spiritual impact - righteous impact!  Believing on Jesus' name enables you to do just that!  Live in the reality of what your name and who you are means to the Creator of heaven and earth!    

May you know how much God loves YOU by name!  May you know deeper this week the reality of His redemption and may you glorify His Name!!!!
~Bri  :)



Comments

Popular Posts