A Pearl and a Field

"Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart!"
~Psalm 119:2~


Hello there!  Hope you're having a great week!


Today I wanted to post something that God challenged me with recently!  It starts with this verse! 

"For where your treasure is, 
there will your heart be also."
~Matthew 6:21~

You've probably had a certain food that you've eaten many times before - but have you ever eaten that same thing one time and it just REALLY "hit the spot"?!!  Wasn't it exactly what you needed at that moment?!  Lol!  Kind-of a random example but nonetheless that's exactly how I felt about the verse above!  I've read it many times, but this week it just REALLY "hit the spot"!  It was exactly what I needed!  


I needed to be reminded to put God first in everything!  

I needed reminded that my purpose in this life is to focus on the Lord and every day make him my greatest treasure!  

I needed reminded that nothing is as valuable as valuing Who God is and Who I am in Him!  

Then God led me to these verses!

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it." 
~Matthew 13:44-46~


This challenged me!  It made me realize how much I need to be as the man with the field and the merchant man with the pearl!  I truly have found the treasure of all treasures and one pearl of great price in my Savior the Lord Jesus Christ!  Am I living everyday sold out and in surrender?  Am I recognizing the value and worth of what I have in Him, as fully as I should?  Is my treasure and heart dwelling in the presence of the King of Kings?  Am I breathing, eating, serving, working, and all - out living for His Kingdom?


These questions humbled me.  I'm grateful and excited that I have all the desire and power to do and live God's will available to me through the Holy Spirit!  I'm ready to be renewed in what truly matters in this life and throttle forward for the Kingdom!

Hope this has encouraged and challenged you too!  
We are in this Kingdom living together!!! :) :) :)
May you be strengthened and renewed in your purpose in life!  May your heart value what matters the most - life in Christ!  May you see with Kingdom eyes and be sold-out for the treasure of greatest price!  :)
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts