Lonely Vs. Loved on Valentines Day



"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore!" ~Psalms 16:9, 11


Hey there friends!  Hope your week has been a great one!


I've always loved Valentines Day!  Seeing all of the heart shaped things, chocolates, flowers and cards makes me happy!  It isn't because I have a boyfriend either, because I've haven't had a boyfriend valentine yet.  With that being said, don't feel bad for me, because I'd rather wait many more years for the one God has for me than to have one - just to have one. ;)  You're probably wondering at this point why I like Valentines Day so much right? Lol!  Seems like I'd be going on about Single Awareness Day instead, since I can relate to it right? Lol!  Well, I'm too much of a fan of love itself and too close to the Author of love Himself to have a sad day of boo-hoos that I'm single.  Do I have discouraging days?  OH YES! (Not ones of utter dispair though!)  

Love is SO MUCH MORE vast and marvelous than just flowers, chocolates and romantic dates!  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE flowers, like chocolates and look forward to dates with my man someday!  Couples though, that know the truest of love, know that it's so much more than just surface things.  They know that it's a well of life from God Himself!  They know that they can only love each other and others the deepest when they love God first!  I can be about living life with that priority now too and it blesses my present and future when I do! 

Love is an incredible miracle that God has designed to never run out and there's always more exciting aspects of it to discover!  This is why I love Valentines week and day so much - because I'm a fan of love and an admirer of the ONE Who IS love. <3  So, my friends, LOVE wins with a knock-out against Lonely!

Here are some verses that "punch" a victorious blow against the "Lonely" contender! ;)

"Is any thing too hard for The Lord?" - Genesis 18:14a

"Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" -Exodus 15:11

"Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him. Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." -Deuteronomy 4:35, 39

"Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible (awesome) things, which thine eyes have seen." -Deuteronomy 10:20, 21

"And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about." -2 Chronicles 15:15 

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." -Psalms 9:10

"I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me." -Psalms 13:6

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." -Psalms 16:9, 11

"Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great." -Psalms 18:35 

"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart." -Psalms 36:7-10


May you, whether single or married, know how deeply and incomparibly you are loved by the Author of Love - the Lord Jesus Christ!  May this Valentines Day be the sweetest one you've ever had! <3

Blessings!
~Bri 

Comments

Popular Posts