Three Incredibles


"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will 
dwell in the house of the Lord for ever!"
 (Psalms 23:6)


Hey there Friends!
Hope you are having a great week!

I know that I use the word "incredible" quite often in my posts, and today's is no exception! Lol!  I can't help it though, because anything to do with God IS INCREDIBLE!  I've been pondering  things of incredible-ness this past week and wanted to share them with you amazing people!  The basis of these ponderings have come from the doozy of a week that I've had recently. A week ago I drove to Florida with my family to visit my Grandpa (my dad's dad) who was in rehab after beating cancer.  It was such a sweet time with him and we told him to get stronger so he could come up north and be with us!  What we didn't know was that he would beat us up north and when I say "north" I mean as far north as you can get-heaven. On our drive back home, we got word that he had gone home to be with The Lord, his Savior. This sad mourning, but life celebration is what brought these three Incredibles into new light for me.


Incredible #1: The miraculous power of prayer!
Friends, I know that you know that prayer is powerful, but I just want to encourage you to remember just HOW POWERFUL it is!  I pray for things, but sometimes I just don't set my heart on the absolute fact that I'M PRAYING TO THE ALMIGHTY, OMNIPOTENT, AWESOME OF AWESOMES, MOST HOLY GOD OF THE UNIVERSE AND LORD OF RIGTHEOUS ACTION!!!! Whew. I think I should probably say that aloud to myself every time before I pray!!!!!! Lol! ;) That's a faith booster for prayer for sure! :)  I've experienced the power of prayer this week in a new way that I've never known before. The power of the Holy Spirit in comfort during sorrow. This was the first Grandparent I've lost, but I honestly felt carried (literally) through the prayer of family and friends!  I just love how God loves when we pray and how He delights to use our prayers to bless Him, to bless others and then He designed prayer to bless us to!  It truly is such a miraculous incredible to behold!

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6, 7)


Incredible #2: The reality of heaven!
As my Grandpa has a new home in heaven, I've been just thinking on how absolutely real heaven is!!!!  I know it's a reality, but sometimes I just need a reminder that this "world is not my home, I'm just a passin through!" Sometimes I get overwhelmed/intimidated thinking about heaven, because I feel like I can't even fathom it - so I just don't "go there" in my mind.  But, ya know, what an INCREDIBLE place!  I don't have to know what it's exactly like for me to want to be there!  I don't have to be intimidated by it, because of what I don't know.  I just need to go on what I DO KNOW!  I know that I sure do love my King and EVERYTHING about Him and EVERYTHING that He does!  Wowzers of wowzers should that ever make me look forward to and anticipate what He is preparing and not fear, but trust His perfect timing for when I will experience it!  Heaven is a wonderful place filled to the brim with God and His glory and grace!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) (THAT is quite an incredible destination!)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:" (1 Peter 1:3-8)


Incredible #3: The invaluable gift of life!
I've been thinking of the years that I had with my Grandpa and all of the fond memories and I'm struck with what an absolute GIFT every single breath of life is!  We don't control our breaths - God does!  I'm SO GLAD that I have a God THAT IS THE MOST PASSIONATE ONE OF LIFE than anyone that ever lived!!!!! ( I guess He'd have to be since He created life itself - and IS true Life itself!!!!!!!) lol!  I'm SO THANKFUL that HE is the One Who gives me breath everyday!  He gave us the gift of life and created us for His pleasure!  To truly experience the fullest of this life is to know His pleasure in you - how invaluable you are to Him and to make Him your pleasure and to value Who He is as the highest gift!  Live ALL-OUT friends! This life sets the stage for your life forever after in eternity!!!!!!!

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." (Psalms 91:14-16)

"Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name." (Psalms 63:3, 4)

Hope you were encouraged by these ponderings!  May God bless you to be a blessing and receive blessing through prayer!  May you live in the reality of your heavenly home and enjoy every breath you've been given to impact eternity! 
:) Bri

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry about your Grandpa, Bri - but, I also rejoice with you that he's Home with our Savior! <3 Thank you for these encouraging and powerful thoughts, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sophia,
      Thank you for your sweet comment! We are rejoicing in that fact too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts