Free as a Bird


"I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord." -Psalms 104:33, 34 


Hey there amazing people! :)
Hope this post brings a smile to your face and puts a song in your heart!


A friend just recently gave me a beautiful bird necklace (I love bird things! ;) and the package had a quote on it that I immediately fell in love with!  It's so neat-here it is!

"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away, all the while, knowing she has wings." -Victor Hugo

Isn't that a great quote?! My friend also had wrote a Bible verse reference on the package Matthew 6:26 - "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"  God brought these simple thoughts to mind from the above quote and verse for me to share with you and for us both to claim!!!

Living as free as a bird is only truly possible in Christ!  He IS freedom and He's alive in us!!!!  Here's some freedom reminders to live in today!

1) God cares-like REALLY REALLY more than anyone can or ever will care...FOR YOU! (Matthew 6:26 ^listed above) :)

2) He is KING -that's reason to sing!!!!!! 
"Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding. God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness. The princes of the people are 
gathered together, even the people of the God of Abraham: for the shields of the earth belong unto God: he is greatly exalted!" -Psalms 47:6-9

"O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory!" -Psalms 98:1


3) You are loved!  "The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee!"-Jeremiah 31:3

4) You are freed and dead to sin - right now!!!
"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any 
longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin." -Romans 6:1-7

5) You are sealed as God's very own!
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one!" -John 10:28-30

6) You have an eternal purpose and promise!!!! (Make it your vision!)
"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:16-18

May you live in the truth of who you are in Christ and how Christ in you enables you to be free!!!!  Focus on the Lord and believe all that God says is true-specifically and personally for YOU!!!  Enjoy the rest of the week living for eternity!!!!! :)
-Bri

Comments

Popular Posts