Do it! :)

"Faithful is He that calleth you,
Who also will do it!"
~I Thessalonians 5:24~


Hey there one and all! :)  I have been looking forward to this post!  I have a story of something that happened to me recently that I've been excited to share!  

Have you ever had a moment where you were hesitant to do something you knew you should, but  felt like you needed more courage?  Have you ever had a moment where God's power, in details, caught you by surprise?!  Do you smile every time you remember that moment where you saw Him in action?!  Well, I had a combo of the above moments happen to me this last week!  

I was out shopping with Mom, (an often and happy pastime of mine - lol!) found something I wanted to try on and headed to the fitting room.  After a little while I left the fitting room and the first attendant gal must have went on break, because there was a different girl there to collect the "unwanted" clothes. :)  I recognized her from frequenting the store over the years. (She'll say hi to me whenever she sees me in the store and I've told her several times "God bless your day!" as I leave the fitting room.) This day, as I left, she complimented me on my jewelry and I told her that I had gone on a mission trip and the jewelry was from Colombia!  She showed me some jewelry she was wearing that she made, we had a nice short little chat and I told her again - "God bless your day!" and went on my way.  As I walked away, I immediately had this prompting on my heart to invite her to church.  I kept walking and had a little "discussion" with myself. (Sometimes when God prompts me with something like this, I have to do a "pep talk" circle in the store to work up the courage, before going for it! Lol!)  I had an "un-pep talk" thought though as I said to myself, "Well, that might kinda be strange to her, if I just walk up to her and say that."  But, I felt strongly that I should, so I "browsed" the shoe dept. which was right next to the fitting room trying to work up the nerve to do it!  I was staring at shoes that weren't even my size - lol - and I couldn't believe what happened next. (I'm laughing and shaking my head with a smile right now just thinking about it!)   My fitting room friend sees me browsing the shoes, comes up to me and says, "Where do you go to church?" Wow. Wow and Wow. I could've been speechless at that moment, lol, but I gathered my jaw off the ground and told her where my family goes and we chatted for a little while, as she shared how she needs to get back to going to church regularly and I invited her to ours with a heart full of joy and wonder!  

I walked away from that conversation pretty much 10 feet off the ground. Our God is a WONDROUS God of power, glory and wisdom!    

God used that moment to impress on my heart the following 5 points!

1) When God prompts you to do something - obey and trust Him, because HE will do it!

2) Don't be afraid with how someone will "take" what you've been prompted to do, because God has gone before you in ways you can't even imagine!  He wants to use you, so you can bless and be blessed!  You will be meeting a specific need or answering specific questions that only God knows that person needs to hear!  Don't fear the outcome!  Sometimes you'll see the outcome, like with my fitting room friend, and others you may not, but what matters is that God is glorified and you are serving the King in ways that go beyond immediate sight!

3) God knows us better than we know ourselves and He delights in us!  He didn't condemn me for doing a "pep talk" walk. But, He did "beat me to the punch" (LOL!) to show me that I can act/do it, in immediate confidence to His promptings because He has gone before me and HE WILL DO IT! 

4) You never know the impact that you are having on someone's life by the "littlest" things!  A smile, a simple blessing, genuine interest, a cheerful countenance, mentioning God's work - these ALL, I realize, played a huge part in "setting the stage" for my friend ^ to  ask me where I went to church!  God loves using His children for Kingdom work!!!!!  Be faithful in "little"!!!!

5) God is at work!  "Greater is He, that is in us, than he that is in the world!"  God is always at work showing each person on this earth Who He is and how much He loves them!  What an honor it is to be His and confirm that truth to others!

No matter what day of the week, where you're at, how you feel, how you think other's will feel - obey God's promptings, because powerful Kingdom work is at hand!!!!


"Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.  Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man!"
~Col. 4:5-6~ 

"Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest!"
~Joshua 1:9~

"Not with eye service, as men pleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;"
~Eph. 6:6~

"Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God!"
~Hebrews 10:7~


Blessings to each one of you and your every day adventures in Kingdom living!  May God strengthen you, increase your faith, make you sensitive to His voice and bold to DO what He prompts you to!  Blessings on all the people that you impact with the Gospel, which is Christ in you the hope of glory, by a smile, by blessing them in God's name, inviting them to church and speaking truth in every way that God leads!!! :) :) :)  Have a great rest of your week!
~Bri

Comments

  1. Wow! God is so good! Thank you so much for sharing this...it did my heart good to read it ;)
    ♥Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts