Every Desire

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh:
is there any thing too hard for me?"
~Jeremiah 32:27~
Hey there everyone!  Happy May to you!  I'm loving the springtime - aren't you?
"Every Desire." I gave this blog post that title because I've been very much in awe, of late, of how God knows my every desire (spoken and unspoken) and loves to show Himself mighty regarding each one!  There's a story behind this and I'll share it in just a moment, but first, I wanted to list a few verses that are SO real and pretty much sum up the heart of this post!

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising,   
Thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
and art acquainted with all my ways.
  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me!
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high, I cannot attain unto it!" ~Psalm 139:1-6
Amazing verses aren't they?!  Well, on that note - now for the story! :)
I don't know about you, but sometimes I just have times of wondering, "Who is Bri anyway?" (lol) "What is my purpose and am I living it out to it's fullest?"  (Now, I really do literally know who I am and what God has created me to do, but sometimes I just need reminded by Him of each of those things - in a way that only He can re-assure!)  A few weeks ago, I was having one of those times.  On a Monday night, having a bunch of things on my heart in regards to desiring to know more of who I am and what I'm meant to do for the Kingdom of God - I prayed before going to sleep and all that came out was, "Here am I Lord, send me."   I didn't have specifics in mind with that prayer, I just wanted to be used by Him and wanted Him to show me how He would!  Literally the next day, a friend called that I hadn't talked to in awhile! (She's the director for an international non-profit organization focused on missions!)  She was needing another leader to *SEND* ;) on a mission trip to Colombia coming up in the next month.  (Whoa!)  As she shared about the trip and all the details; I was thrilled like crazy!!!  Every single aspect of the trip and what they needed, was what I love to be and do!  (I mean, down to incredible detail!!!!!)  I was shocked and in awe of how God took all the unspokens of my heart and the words that I prayed sincerely before Him and the very next day answered in a way that I never expected!!!  Only He could do that - Only He knows my EVERY DESIRE and has the power and desire to answer according to His will! 
And that, my friends, brings me to today - which is only 1 week away from the day I fly to Colombia to share the Gospel of Christ to children in an orphanage and in schools!  I also get to teach them art classes and share with them how they are God's very own masterpiece!  I'm soooooo excited!!!  I will be gone for 2 weeks and will not be posting on my blog till I get back.  When I do get back though, the post will be a DOOZY! Lol!  It will be a report of God's greatness and His miraculous work in Colombia! (Complete with pictures - so stay "tuned"!! ;)
I wanted to share this story with you today -
1) To encourage you to love Who you are in Christ
and what He has given you to do, no matter where you are!!!!
2) To let you know that God hears every one of your desires
and answers each one mightily, according to His will, and in
His perfect time!  Your sincere desires are more dear to Him
than you'll ever know!
3) For you to be a part of God's work in Colombia, through prayer for our
team of 9 people who love the Lord and treasure your prayers!
Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading my story, and BEING YOU!
May your week be filled with awe of how God loves you and loves using you,
as only He can!!! :)
~Bri

Comments

  1. Bri! What an incredible example of God's detailed faithfulness to us! It was a blessing to read this story, and I can't wait to hear the rest of it! :) God is doing mighty things all throughout the world that He created and loves so much.
    Katie H.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts