Like a Chain Link Fence
"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell
together in unity!" ~Psalm 133:1
Hey there friends! :) I love how God uses even the simplest of things to emphasize His truth! He used a chain link fence to emphasize His truth to me recently and that is what this post is all about - lol!!
I was out and about with my Mom the other day and was sitting in the car waiting for her and found myself staring at the chain link fence in front of me. (lol!) I know that it's something we might see everyday and not take much note of - but that day the design of the fence intrigued me. (lol - i keep putting "lol" because typing this out is making me laugh!) haha!
The design of the links intertwined into each other made me think of a ton of tiny people linking arms! (P.S. Take a look at the pic of the actual fence I was staring at above - doesn't it look like people with their arms linked??!! Yes?! Awesome - glad I'm not the only one that sees it!!! lol!!!) That design made me think of the Christian life and the way that God has designed His army of believers to be!
The Fence and the Links:
- brilliant design
- strong - intertwined
- each link has a purpose for the good of the structure
- together they keep bad things out and good things safe
- together they are resilient and protective
- when even just one link is compromised, the whole effectiveness and purpose of the fence is jeopardized.
The Body of Christ and each believer:
- The Body of Christ is His children, His church and it has been divinely designed by God Himself!
- The strength of the design comes from God's Holy Spirit that unites!!
- Each believer has a specific and unique (irreplaceable) purpose to contribute to the structure of the Body/Army of Christ!!
- God's people dwelling together in unity accomplishes deterring evil and building up righteousness - keeping it safe!!
- God's children dwelling together in unity are resilient against Satan's attacks and are protected by the armor of God - Who He is and what He's equipped us with!!!
- When even just one of us give way to compromise in any form, it jeopardizes and affects the whole effectiveness and purpose of the Body! Sin doesn't just affect one in a body - it affects all! BUT, so does righteousness!!!!! So let's put off sin and walk righteously before our Master and Chief - our King of Kings!
I'm so glad God's strength is made perfect
through our weakness - aren't you?!
Here's a few verses that God led me to for this post!
"As ye have therefore
received Christ Jesus the Lord,
so walk ye in Him:
Rooted and built up in Him,
and stablished in the faith,
as ye have been taught,
abounding therein with
"That their hearts might be comforted,
being knit together in love,
and unto all riches of the full
assurance of understanding, to the
acknowlegement of the mystery
of God, and of the Father, and
of Christ; in Whom are hid all
the treasures of wisdom and
"I therefore, the prisoner of the
Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy
of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness,
with long-suffering, forbearing one
another in love;
Endeavoring to keep the unity
of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body and one Spirit,
even as ye are called in one hope of
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all,
Who is above all, and through all,
and in you all!
But unto every one of us is given grace
according to the measure
of the gift of Christ!"
I'm excited to be part of the army and body of Christ and "linked arms" with each one of you!!! May we live blameless, all-out, and strong for the Kingdom of God!!!!
Blessings on your week! :)