Stir

"And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the Lord's offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all His service, and for the holy garments." ~Exodus 35:21
Hey there Everyone!!! 
I'm so happy to get a new picture for the blog header up - one for this special season!!! yay! :O) 
I hope your week is merry and bright!!!!
Stir. You're probably wondering where I'm going with that word - lol.  Well, it describes a prayer that I've had on my heart the past few days.  :O) 
I've been asking the Lord to
 "stir" up my heart for His ways!!
I know the phrase "stirred up" is mostly used as a negative thing -
but I'm talking a goooooood "stirring up"! :O)
Like when Mom has a big pot of beef stew cooking and she lifts off the lid and gives it a good stir!  WONDERFUL whiffs of amazingness start floating through the house and everyone can't wait to taste and see that it is GOOD!  lol!
That's what I'm asking God to do with my heart and life!
I'm asking Him to lift off the lid of selfishness and pride and give me a good stir that His righteousness would be a wonderful aroma through me!!  An aroma that causes others to desire His righteousness - that together, we would taste and see that GOD IS GOOD!!!!!
God is soooooo faithful and I'm grateful!!!
He absolutely LOVES to "perfect that which concerns us"! (Psalm 138:8)
And it brings Him great pleasure when we ask Him to stir our heart for His ways!
{"The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of Thine own hands!"}
"Almighty God, please stir my heart.  May my heart be thrilled for what thrills Yours, grieved for what grieves Yours, and passionate about Your righteousness - just like You are!
May I love all people like You do and walk in humilty and truth as You've taught me to!  You are the God Most Holy - my God and
 I love You."
Thanks for letting me share and for reading this little blog post!  May your heart be stirred to be stirred for righteousness and may your life be the most wonderful savor to all those around you and beyond!
~Bri


Comments

Popular Posts