Promises and the Anchor of Hope


"He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; 
but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, 
he was able also to perform.
And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness!"
~Romans 4:20-22~


Hey Everybody!
Hope this week has been a good one for you! :O)


Rainbows.  I've always loved them!  I just stare at them in awe!  The picture above is of a glorious rainbow that was out yesterday!  I'm so glad God picked such a magnificent way to showcase the declaration of His promises and love!  God used that rainbow and His Word to really encourage me that He knows my heart and He's got me "covered"!  He has covered me in His promises and He has given me an anchor for my soul (my mind, will and emotions) - hope!

The Certainty of God's Promise

(Hebrews 6:13-20 ESV)
"13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, since he had no one greater by whom to swear, he swore by himself,14 saying, “Surely I will bless you and multiply you.” 15 And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise. 16 For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation. 17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, 18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 
19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek."




Aren't you grateful when someone takes the time to encourage you right when you need it?  I'm so grateful that God does that - every time - all the time!  And I'm so grateful for His promises that will always be fulfilled no matter what - because He's amazing like that!!!!!!!!  Search out His promises - they'll leave you in awe and will settle that hope anchor of yours ever so deep!



Blessings to you friends!  Have a great week with your Promise Keeper and Hope Giver!!!!

~Bri



Comments

Popular Posts