First Things First

"...That in all things, He might have the preeminence!" ~Col.1:18b

Happy New Week! :O)
Can you all believe that it's June already?! :O)

Well, to start off, I want to just praise God for His infinite goodness and for His unfailing faithfullness!  He is just so amazing.  :O) 

I titled this post "First Things First" because the truth of that phrase is something that I really, really needed reminded of lately!  I've gotten pre-occupied with the schedule of life and of staying busy and of being in and out, out and about, here and there, there and here.  Knowing that I'm loving God "on the fly" and doing things for Him - but to really love Him is not just letting Him be my "Assistant" in schedule, plans and life.  To really love Him, is to be still in heart and mind at all times (even in the in's and out's - out and about's) and give Him preeminence!  Truly loving Him, is delighting in being with Him and letting Him lead and use me in every detail of my day and schedule!  Ahh - truly this is what it really means to put first things, first.  God has blessed me over the years through a quote by C.S. Lewis and He brought it to mind today as an encouragement note from His heart to mine on this topic.  Let me share it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest,
I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. 
In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God,
I shall be moving towards the state in which
I shall not love my earthly dearest at all.   
When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased.”
C.S. Lewis, Letters of C. S. Lewis


Awesome reality of truth isn't it?!  That last part that I emphasized - wow.  SOoooooo true.
I needed it's reminder.  I needed to remember that all the tasks, errands, projects, conversations, work, and interactions in my day will be at their fullest dynamo impact when God is put first! 

So let's start the day by telling our Beloved that we love Him!  Let's declare and dedicate the details of our schedule to our Omnicient King.  Let's walk with Him and talk with Him as we run our errands and let's keep our eyes wide open in expectant wonder as He reveals His increase in all of the things where we put Him first!


"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you!"
Matt.6:33

Grateful to grow in Christ with you all!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts