Chameleon Living

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God!" ~I Cor. 2:12


Hey there Everyone!
Hope you are all smiling at the beginning of this week  - because there's always something to
smile about when you're Christ's! :O) :O) :O) :O) :O)


I titled this post, "Chameleon Living" because God has been laying that concept on my heart the past week.  He's been challenging me and encouraging me to absolutely love being set apart for Him!  It just really has been hitting me how vital - REALLY VITAL it is to love being God's own, which means to love being different from the world.  These thoughts of late made me think of a chameleon - lol!  I've been realizing how easy it is, as a Christian,  to put on a dangerous "chameleon effect" and try to blend in with the world - to be accepted by the "flow" of things - to be socially "accepted".  It's such a pull and ploy of Satan's.  Satan knows we're different - he knows we are the BEST kind of different there possibly is to be, because our difference is an eternal difference - it's the difference of Christ!  And Satan will do anything to get God's people to not want to be different - he loves it when they want to be like the world, where he has great influence.  Satan loves it when we let our guard down and make even the tiniest of compromises.  WHEW.  Doesn't that fact alone make you want to be as set apart as set apart can be?! :O)  ~In the world - but most definetely not of it!~  Doesn't it just make you stop and think of areas in your life that need a renewing of dedication to Christ and having Him as what your life reflects?!  It does for me - that's for sure!  I want with all my heart for my only "chameleon effect" to ever be a reflection of true life, not just the life going on around me, but - the life of Christ!  :O) :O) :O)



"And be not conformed to this world:
but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and perfect,
will of God!"
~Romans 12:2



 
Love being set - apart!  Love being Christ's!  Don't let Satan have any dominion or satisfaction!  Live in ALL-OUT surrender!  Live by making an eternal difference - by being "different" - by being like your heavenly Father!!!!!!!  :O) :O) :O)  Blessings as you do just that!!!!!!  I'm cheering for you fellow chameleons of Christ! ;o)
~Bri


Comments

Popular Posts