Mind Focused, Eyes Peeled, Heart Ready!

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise.  Redeeming the time
because the days are evil.  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding
what the will of the Lord is!" ~Eph. 5:15-17


Howdy  there Friends!! :O) (went for a western greeting to be different this time! lol!!)
Hope this week has been a fun - filled adventure for ya so far! :O)

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to post for today to be honest and prayed for God to really give me something to share!  Well,  I opened up a little devotional book of mine and God had the following quote catch my eye and thus is the theme of this little post!  Here it is....

"Today is unique!  It has never occured
before and it will never be repeated.
At midnight it will end, quietly, suddenly, totally.
Forever.
But the hours between now and then are
opportunities with eternal
possibilities!"
~Charles R. Swindoll~

That quote really struck me!  I needed it's reminder!  Today truly is unique!!!!!  (I like uniqueness don't you?! :O)  And it's uniqueness is filled to the BRIM with opportunities to claim for eternity!  That's how God designed it - isn't He amazing?!!!!  Man do I ever want to claim each opportunity for the eternal glory of my Savior and for the claimable blessings that He yearns to give if I do!  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in life thoughts that I just kinda function through my day and miss out on so much of what my Father has before me - all of the billions of opportunities He has designed for me to bring Him praise!  Good grief - how selfish.  What a waste of a once-in-a-lifetime unique day!  I want to live each moment with my mind focused, my eyes peeled, and my heart ready to live out my love for Christ and His kingdom! I want to draw close to the One Who loves me most and is the perfect Designer of unique days!  I want to walk with my mind, eyes, and heart tuned for Him to reveal how I can live out the qualites of His character to my world - one smile at a time, one timely hug at a time, one kind word at a time, one prayer at a time, one truth declaration at a time, one corrected thought at a time, one moment at a time!  What about you?  Let's do it together!!!!  :O)

"This is the day that the Lord has
made;  we will rejoice
and be glad in it!"
~Ps. 118:24~

May your mind be focused, your eyes peeled and may your heart be ready for all God has before you to claim for eternity in your uniquely you way - in your uniquely new today!
:O)
~Bri

Comments

  1. Bri, thanks so much for your insights. =) L.O.V.E that quote by Chuck Swindoll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts