Heart Song

"Serve the gladness; come before His presence with singing!"
~Psalm 100:2~

Hey there Friends!
Hope you've had a fabulous week!!!

This post is a simple one.  I just wanted to share a little happy pondering of my heart today! 
I was driving to work this morning and my radio was tuned to a christian radio station.  There was a speaker on there who was talking about how we are made to sing praise to the Lord and worship Him with fervor and I was just so struck with how much my heart has to sing about!  Christ gave His life for me and my heart has been given the song of the redeemed!!!!!!  My mind thought back on a few years ago, as I was so blessed to be able to go on a mission trip to Asia.  While I was there, a team I was with visited an orphanage.  That visit will forever be engrained in my heart and mind because I learned so much about the song of the redeemed!  The children at the orphanage were from a christian village that was known for it's singing talent.  The parents of the village had been brutally murdered for their faith in God and the children had fled into the jungle.  They were rescued by the founder of this special orphanage.  You would think those children, after all they went through, would have a hard time singing again - but it was quite the opposite!  I have never seen or heard such passionate hearts of love to the Lord!  They sang for our team and it really truly felt like heaven was joining in with all of those children as they sang out of gratefulness to their Redeemer!  *chill bumps* 

So there I was, driving to work, in the routine of my day and it just hit me with how a day with Christ is ANYTHING but routine!!!!  Every moment of my every day is a moment I've been given for my heart to sing of God's redemption!  Wow - I know Christ died for me and I'm so grateful, but I realized how easily lazy and relaxed my heart can get in my redeemed-ness.....lol...seriously. 
That message shared on the radio and that memory of Asia just really struck a heart chord ;o) in me and I was so challenged and encouraged to never get so "comfy" in my miraculous salvation from the Lord that my heart takes a "break" from singing a song of gratefulness and praise to my AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, and HOLY Redeemer!!!!!

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed. 
I will sing and give praise!" ~Ps. 57:7


"Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing:
then said they among the nations, the Lord hath done great things
for them.  The Lord hath done great things for us, whereof
we are glad!" ~Ps. 126:2-3

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father
 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;" ~Eph. 5:19-20

May your heart hum and sing a happy "tune" of praise to the Lord Almighty today and always!
Grateful for each one of you and for our Savior Who has given us the song of the redeemed!!!!
~Bri

Comments

Popular Posts