Called in Righteousness

"I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand,
and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant to the people,
for a light to the Gentiles!" ~Is.42:6

Happy Today to you all! lol....:O)
Hope you've had an encouraging week!

I thought I'd share with you, how God encouraged me this week!  The other day my mind was just whirling with life and thoughts and concerns for others.  I know there's always so many things to be in prayer about for others - but that day it was hitting me like crazy and seemed like so many, and all at once, of needs and hurts and sadness and sickness and so on for friends and family and others!  whew.  One by one, I would hear of requests, and one by one God would "pop" them up on mind and heart and I would pray for them.  I was glad to pray and at the same time though, it was seeming overwhelming - but then God brought to mind some of His words, which were Christ's mission!  And since I am in Christ - they are my mission too!!  Here are those words...

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me

To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
 

To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
 

To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,

The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord,
that He may be glorified.”
~Is. 61:1-3~

Isn't that so exciting?!  I just so love this passage! :O) It's God's heart telling me, "Bri, I've got each and every one of these concerns covered - but I really want you to be a part of my work!" Wow. What an awesome priveledge.  What an awesome God!  His heart and hands have the personal concerns of each and every one in the world covered and yet He loves His chosen, His children to have a powerful part in His work!
"But you shall be named the priests of the Lord,
They shall call you the servants of our God..."
~Is. 61:6~

And that my friends is what I call encouragement!!!  Wouldn't you say so?!  God is sooooo good! 
I'm refreshed and pumped to know that God has given me the power and has equipped me with all I need, through His Spirit, to minister to others!  He uses all of us, if we'll let Him -our smiles, our words, our prayers, our actions etc. to accomplish the powerful and righteous calling of the verses in Is. 42 & 61!  I totally encourage you to read those two chapters, which are full of "fuel" for a great "pumping" up in your calling in Christ!!!! 

Blessings to each one you and the amazing, righteous calling that God has placed on you, in Christ Jesus our Lord!  May you be refreshed in His truth this week and may you rest in His Spirit's work in and through you!
~:O) Bri

Comments

Popular Posts