To know Him and see His glory!

"I will make all My goodness pass before you,
and I will proclaim the name
of the Lord before you." ~Exodus 33:19


Hey there friends of mine!
Hope your week has been simply amazing!

I don't know about you - but I just love the passage in Exodus where Moses asks to see God's glory.  It just gives me chills to think about that and to read it!  What a man who loved ALL of Who God is!  What a deep relationship he had with His Lord and what a passionate pursuit he demonstrated by wanting to know Him more!  It inspires me and swells up in me a drive to pursue God more!  I'm sure you've read the passage I'm talking about before - but would you join me in soaking it up again? :O)

 ~Exodus 33:9-23~

9And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses.
10And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.
11And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
12And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.


Amazing isn't it?! And Moses' face, after he saw God's glory, was gleaming - gleaming so much that the Israelites couldn't look him intently in the face because of the light of God's glory on him!  Wow!  I just was so struck by the importance of knowing God deeply.  How vital it is to surrender everyday to Him and walk with Him, spend time in His presence and walk with Him as His hand directs! What supernatural impact there is to asking God to reveal His glory!  He will answer and will show you His glory personally and on top of that He will use you to spread the gleaming beams of His glorious light to the world! 

Ask Him to show you His glory and be ready to see it in ways that you never have before! :O)

"Heavenly Father, You are glorious and mighty in all You do!  Your glory is constantly being revealed in countless ways!  Open my eyes more to behold the glory that You are always revealing to the whole world and let me see Your glory that You want to reveal to me personally!  Thank You for YOU and ALL that You are - Most Glorious God!"


Blessings as you have a blast getting to know your glorious God better and enjoy every glimpse and revelation of His glory!

Happily His,
Bri

Comments

Popular Posts