A Perfect Design!

"And God saw everything that He had made,
 and behold, it was very good!"
~Gen. 1:31~

Welcome to a brand new week everyone! :O) 
I hope this week draws you closer to the Lord Jesus Christ!

I love sunsets!  Really - REALLY love them!  I know God has me in mind everytime He causes the sun to set so gloriously!  I just stop and stare and watch in awe as the light shifts around and changes the look of the sky.  I just grin as I see the clouds turn brilliant colors and take on different forms.  Every sunset catches my breath.  Each one is just so perfect - such a magnificent design!  Our family was driving down the road yesterday and I was thinking on Psalm 139:14, when I looked out the window of our car and saw the awesome sunset in the picture above. :O)  Let me share that verse with you.  Psalm 139:14 says,
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
 marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well."

As I looked at that perfectly designed sunset, I thought, "Wow. I believe God made that sunset perfectly and I wouldn't want to change one thing about it...and yet how many times do I think about something I would want to change about me."  Pretty crazy isn't it, when you just stop and think about it - it seems silly.  I believe ALL of God's works, His masterpieces, His creation is just perfect and I don't doubt it and then when it comes to me.....welllll.... Just take a moment and look at that picture again and read the verse again - do you believe it?  If you are like me - I tend to say the first part of the verse and believe it and then when I get to the part that says...."and that my soul (mind, will, and emotions) knoweth (that I'm a perfect creation) right well", it's harder.  Don't let it be!  This truth hit me in a new light! (pun intended ;o) You wouldn't want to "customize" the sunset you were watching, would you?  If you did, you would be missing out on all that that sunset really stood for -what it was created for!  It's not worth it - don't try to "customize" yourself in your mind and in your actions. You are God's perfect design!  You are a glorious creation of the King of Kings and you are MADE IN HIS IMAGE!  You're a one-of-a-kind perfect edition of YOU that God knew Him and the world couldn't be without!  He created you and said of His creation - "it is VERY GOOD!"  The glory of His design in YOU takes His breath away! 
Next time your mind starts to doubt your perfect design - remember - satan's strength is in comparison, but God's strength is in truth! 

Live out your perfect design and bring glory to your Perfect Creator!  His heart rejoices when your heart rejoices in His perfect work - YOU!

Cheering for you this week -all of you glorious creations!  Enjoy every detail of God's magnificent designs!
~Bri

"Thus saith God the Lord, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:  I the Lord have called you in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles." ~Isaiah 42:5-6a

Comments

Popular Posts