The Love of a Shepherd!

"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep,
and am known of mine!"
~John 10:14
Happy Thursday Friends!

This post is a simple one based on Psalm 23 - through it, I pray, that you feel the strong arms of the Shepherd hold you close and hear Him whisper how much He loves you!

A Look at the Shepherd ~ Before I read Psalm 23 today, it really blessed me to just stop and really look at the Shepherd.  He's a Shepherd most passionate about His sheep - about me!  He has said, "...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."  He came for me, his sheep, that through His life, I would have life more abundantly!  AND He wanted me to have it so much that He was willing to give up His life to bring that to pass.  wow.  That's love -sincerest love!  My bible titles Psalm 23 as "The Psalm of the Divine Shepherd".  I loved that - He's my Divine Shepherd and has made me divinely His. <3  I've read this psalm so many times, but as I meditated on the love of the Shepherd, the words came to life vividly and I saw the way He sees me, as His beloved.

~Psalm 23~
"The Lord is my Shepherd;  I shall not want."
(He's mine and I lack nothing. <3 )

 "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:  He leadeth me beside the still waters."
(He wants me to have the best rest so He finds the most tender grass and also leads me by calm waters<3 )

 "He restoreth my soul:  He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."
(He loves my mind, will and emotions and knows just how to encourage them.  He never tires of leading me.  He is the Guide of righteousness and is passionate about His glory!<3 )

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for Thou art with me:  Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me."
(No matter what I face in my time on earth, I don't have to have any fear because He is right with me-  always ready to hold me and fight for me. <3 )

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:  Thou anointest my head with oil;  my cup runneth over."
(He's so passionate about me being His that He prepares a feast and seats me in honor before my enemies. wow!  He has anointed me with His favor - never-ending.  <3)

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:  and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever!"
(I am endlessly blessed as His now, and will be forever! <3 )


I'm so grateful for His lovingkindness and how He has given us His written Word as affirmation of that divine love!  May we live out of the fulness of His Spirit of love in us! 
Blessings to you, beloved of the Shepherd!
~Bri

 

Comments

Popular Posts